Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, March 8, 2019

Frazzled Friday

We were so busy making trips to the hardware store, that I plain forgot we were out of coffee Thursday morning.  We also had to make a 45 minute drive so that Hubby could vote again (by the way the contract passed, although Hubby still voted no).  Could be worse on both situations, but not bad either - I had instant organic coffee and the contract wasn't as bad.

I had a lot on my plate.  First, Mia is coming today for the weekend, and my chicks were still in the living room.  She'd eat them for sure.  Yet my kitchen was a mess too, and laundry?  Don't get me started.  I have to act quickly, and organize a portion of the utility room to move the chicks back in (that room has a half door to shut to keep the chicks safe.  

By the way, the chicks have been giving me a chuckle lately.  One time I checked in on them, one was standing way on top of the feeder trying to escape.  Another time one had a wood chip in it's mouth.  Oh boy, they are so much fun to watch.

Treasures I found while cleaning the utility room?  a brand new pair of garden gloves, 3 pints of pickled beets (yay!) and two containers of margarita salt (a margarita should be my reward when I am completely done).  This could take many days though.  With the chicks in there, it's tough to move around and clean.

I also managed to clean out and reorganize my tall storage cabinet that holds canning stuff etc.  I actually made room for all that replaced tupperware that I just got back.  I typically use it all during the holidays, so it's out of the kitchen now.

Update on my hair oil that I infused.  I have been adding some jojoba oil, and like it better than simple olive oil.  As soon as stinging nettle is in season, the new oil will incorporate jojoba.  Although I am pleased with jojoba oil, have placed an order for a hydrating oil, so I'll post as soon as I give it a try.

On a good, and different subject, we ran into a neighbor.  We were informed our nuisance neighbor moved to another state, allowing one of his daughters to live in his house.  The best news?  A farmer purchased the land that is adjacent to our property at the backside (woods, river).  We should be quiet around here, at least for a year or so, until we expect he'll be back when he runs out money.  Word is, he has never worked a job in his life.

I just realized that this is my second picture-less post.  Sigh.  I best get back in gear, but cleaning resumes.

6 comments:

hart said...

The chicks sound wonderful. Hope you weeeknd gets less frazzled.

mamasmercantile said...

Good news on the neighbour front and at least a decision has been made now on the contracts another thing less to worry about. The chicks sound like fun despite the hard work.

RB said...

Been work, work, work around here...scheduled for 3 days closing the store this week. whew But I made it (and with no extra aches or pains). Yipee!!!
Sister had triple by-pass. We were scared cause she didn't do well the first 2 days, but now she's feeling fit and raring to get out of the hospital, as soon as the doctor's clear her. Praise and Thank God!!!
So that was my week. Now off to the weekend, getting supplies for the critters in the house and a few for ourselves, but not much. Been working on a weekly menu, and with it, the shopping list of only NEEDED things, and I think we're going to save money doing it this way in the long run.
Prayers everyone has a good weekend, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks hart

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, we still can't see which are roosters and which are hens, but I catch the kids holding them here and there. I don't want them handled too much, but want friendly hens and a rooster too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I always check my freezer and pantry before going to the store. It all depends on what organic meats are in stock too. Glad everything worked out for your sister. Yay!