Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Trip to the Big City ~ More Booties

The weekend went pretty quickly, although we had to get out of the house, even with these ridiculous temps and wind lately.  

Daughter had Winter Homecoming Friday night, which if you have girls, you know you get the "I need it" list last minute.  We ran to one of the "Big Cities" in search for neon knee socks (it was a casual glow in the dark event), and I took that trip to an advantage and went to the craft store.

Saturday we had a lunch date with our 19 year-old and her boyfriend.  We have only met him once over the course of a year or more.  I can finally tell you the bad news about this daughter - she lost her job as manager of the movie rental store.  They are officially closing.  The previous movie rental store she used to work at cut their hours, and I'm sure will close as well.  Luckily, she was re-hired at her other previous job and is applying elsewhere as well.

We ran errands and forgot to pick up chicken feed.  We were so tired when we arrived back home, we literally got into PJ's and collapsed in front of the TV.




Even with the busy weekend, I got more crocheted items done, although I should be working on pot holder sets right now. I'm just working on my PHD (Projects Half Done), ha ha!

I got these cuties all stitched up, and am searching for a bonnet pattern for boys and girls now.  What got me on crocheting the first pair was the fact my step-daughter is pregnant with her 3rd child.  

Not sure what's on the agenda for today, although we will either be cutting wood in this frigid weather or hunting down someone that already has split wood. 

I'll also be ordering seeds I forgot to order.  I might as well pick something new to grow this summer too.


I was gifted these spice jars from our 19 year-old daughter.  They are two different sizes, and I am excited for this year's garden(s).

7 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

The booties are darling and I love your new spice jars. They will definitely come in handy. Today is only Sunday...the weekend's not over yet! LOL!

Harry Flashman said...

Sounds like your extended family is keeping you busy. Cold and wet here in Appalachia as well. Spring has to come some day.

Henny Penny said...

Those booties are adorable! Thinking about gardening and what to plant helps add a little fun to February, doesn't it? I love those jars!

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful booties, such a lovely pattern. The spice jars are such a thoughtful gift.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Harry, I sure hope spring is around the corner.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Henny Penny, thinking of the garden sure is a delight.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile, I like that they have a ribbon to keep them on tiny feet.