Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Pizza Sauce ~ Sheet Pan Dinner




Yesterday's sunrise.


We had a beautiful, sunshiny day. 


Yesterday I tackled this - 25# of tomatoes I froze.  I still have more, but not much.  These  took forrrrrrever to slice.  Last year we got very little harvest.  The tomatoes were also small and didn't ripen at the same time.  In desperate measure, I started freezing them, but this takes a lot of space in the freezer.  When all was said and done, my back was pretty sore.  I have forgotten the hard work this takes, but so worth it.






I canned 8 glorious pints of this goodness.  Now Hubby wants to have pizza for dinner, ha ha!  Boy, it felt good to actually get something from last year's garden.


Last night's dinner.   Sheet pan dinner night, and Hubby was very happy and surprised with it.

Youngest Daughter, drove to the school last night.  She politely departed from the musical, but we know it hurts emotionally.  We'll be supporting her, and guiding her along the way.  She was just too worn out and sick from not getting any rest at all.  

The snow is coming down, but no school delay for us yet.  The roads will be bad again with more freezing rain.  Maybe it's a good day to clean under my bed.  Thanks to Mama Pea and her cleaning bug, it may just get done lol!

6 comments:

Susan said...

I'd love to know your pizza sauce recipe. I had one but was disappointed in the taste - very bland. That sheet dinner looks delicious! I know your daughter must be disappointed, but with all of the classwork and homework, it's crazy that they burden any kid with so many (and late) rehearsals. It's not Broadway. Hopefully, she can get back into the theater when her class load eases up.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, I think I got my recipe online. I'll look it up and post it later. Yeah, she is a bit down for dropping out, but she'll be well rested.

Carol said...

That sheet pan dinner looks delicious! I will need to buy some smoked sausage and make something like that.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Carol, I didn't have a recipe either. I just sort of added what I had on hand. I could have used more carrots, but other than that it was very good.

mamasmercantile said...

You were blessed with a beautiful sunrise. The sauce looked good, a job well done now all the tomatoes are out of the freezer.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, I still have more tomatoes in my freezer. I'll probably use them later for chili, soup or make fresh sauce with them.