Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Hunkered In ~ from the handiwork journal

School closed yesterday, so I hunkered down and enjoyed the time.  I put the last touches on the "f" bombs, "swiped" the bathroom sinks, swept, and a few last bits of laundry.


Started new projects too - 





Heart cup coasters - two more to make in blueberry.





Heart bookmarks. My goal is to get several made in different colors.





Sunflower dishcloths.  I think these would be nice using various colors in the center rounds.



I've got a lot more going, so I'll  be back to share.  The weather forecast is being watched a few times a day here lately.  Apparently, now we are to get a blast of bone-chilling temperatures after the snow hits, and it could be as low as -20°F.  We are preparing for it the best we can.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I love all your crochet goodies, they're so pretty. I especially like the heart bookmarks :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sandra!

Rain said...

I like the heart bookmarks too. Very nice! Bone-chilling is right. We are in that same cold spell right now, it's around -20F as the high today and it's darn cold. The dogs don't want to go out and poop. I have to dress them all and put on their booties or they can't handle it.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, ha ha! I just got out Jesse's booties to be prepared. He won't like it outside either. Thanks. I gifted my Mom a heart bookmark one year, and dug the pattern back out.

Cherie said...

I really love that heart bookmark. I think I will need to make one when I have a spare couple of hours.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kristina lovely crocheting my friend,beautiful work xx

Bits of Stitching! said...

Lovely crochet projects! Great way to spend time when it’s so cold outside.