Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Tuesday Teabag Tidbits ~ Holiday Baking Starts ~ Cashew Brittle




Canning took up most of my morning yesterday.




We've been out of Candy Apple Jelly for over a year, so some of this is going in the pantry.



I had to whip up a batch of homemade ginger-ale syrup.  Youngest texted me that she was feeling pretty sickly.  Thankfully, I have club soda on hand, but now I'm out of honey.



Made my first batch of organic cashew brittle.  I hope to make one or two batches more yet.

Dinner was easy yesterday.  I used leftover mushroom gravy, combined with homemade condensed mushroom soup, and cooked pork chops it in the crock pot.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Well, Kristina, you certainly don't do things in a small way! That cashew brittle looks scrumptious!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, ha ha! Thanks. I am making the jelly for our "baked" goods exchange at our big party.