Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

So much to do. . .

Monday night was not so fun.  We still have the car one daughter wrecked, and it needed a new tire.  We fired it up and I drove behind Hubby to go deliver it.  First we jumped it.  Then while on our way, she called and the car she was borrowing needed a jump.  Hubby went to do it while I went to the store.  She took off, and he went to start up her car and it wouldn't.  I stopped and he got another jump.  We finally got her car there, but noticed a light on her rear view mirror not going off.  Finally figuring out what was draining the battery, we took off and went home.  What a night.

Shopping is basically a horror.  Long lines, crazy busy....I'm all for a no present Christmas.  Oye.  The dollar store, was once again out of parchment paper (for the umpteenth time).  I will have to visit another store, as they are never stocked properly anymore.

Our current internet provider has already raised their price.  I have one last company to call and see if we can get service from them way out here in the boonies.  It would cut our costs more than half if we could switch.  I do not like the one we have - horrible service.

I have so much to do, to get this house ready for the gathering we will be having.  I also have to grocery shop.  I hope to make homemade rolls again.  I have one kitchen table cleaned off and ready, but the other is another story.  It's piled with outdoor lights, extension cords, un-cracked walnuts, and other stuff that needs to be put away.

It's a day for list making too - list of seeds needed for next year's garden, a list of items needed at the store, a list of new items to make for spring shows, a list for what needs handmade yet for Christmas.  Lists are terrifying some times, but much needed for my brain that can't remember much on a busy crazy day.  I need to pull out all of my recipes for the upcoming holidays too.  

Here's how crazy our gathering week will be - on the gathering day we'll have a gift exchange, a kid gift exchange, a baked good exchange and two birthdays that fall on that very same day.  Yeah, I will be baking a birthday cake for Daughter, while another will bake one for the other family member.  As you probably guessed, we opted out of all the gift exchanges.  We have an upcoming anniversary to celebrate, and we don't need gifts.  We just want to spend time with the family.  Of course we'll be gifting birthday gifts to our youngest.

Guess what?


I'm finally getting eggs again.  It's about time.  Woo hoo!  

4 comments:

Debby Flowers said...

yay eggs!!

Leigh said...

Hurray for eggs! But boo for car problems! Boo to internet service providers too. Of the two we have in our area I've had a bad time with both of them. :(

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Debby.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Leigh, thanks. We are very limited to internet providers out in the boonies.