Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Finished and other Tidbits


The camper ornaments are restocked.  I have 3 more I can assemble for extras if I have time too.


I finished another Harley Davidson inspired lapghan.

I have 3 snowflake dishcloths made too.

I hope to have photos soon of our Christmas trees.  I've been crocheting like a mad woman, so only about 15 ornaments made their way to the main Christmas tree.  Needless to say, the housework isn't getting done and I'm so far behind on my to-do list, ha ha!

I forgot to fetch a load of firewood last night, and Hubby came home feeling ill.  It's on top of the to-do list today. 

Daughter took my car to drive herself to the school for musical auditions, we were to drive over later to meet up for the National Honor Society Induction.  We dressed up and headed out to the truck, only to find it wouldn't start.  We had not used it since it was borrowed, so we think they put cheap gas in it.  We hope to get it running soon.  We were pretty sad we could not be there for Daughter, but she was understandable with us.

I'm so thankful I made sage tincture.  It's been a blessing for sore throats here.  It will be doubled next year, making 2 jars vs. 1.  I may plant another sage plant in the spring too.  

My hen that we put a splint on, is doing okay.  She's still hobbling around, so fingers crossed.


2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Loved the snowflake dishcloth, I have added that to my list for next year. Glad to hear the chicken is doing OK.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile, I thought the dishcloths could be used for doilies too.