Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Tuesday Tidbits

We had 4 deer out by our garden the other night.  I'm pretty sure they were munching on the pears I tossed in the pasture.  We may see some drunk deer, ha ha!  

I had lots to do Monday - major laundry (cold outside, wind at 1 mph, cloudy, so I had to use my dryer, sigh..), dusting, tidying up, more deep cleaning, and the other regular stuff like fetch wood, care for the hens, dogs, cats etc.  I needed to tidy up the study, and wipe down more cobwebs (just part of country living).



I bought these to brighten up the kitchen on Thanksgiving day. Only $1.00 each.



I made this for the kitchen to add a tiny more bit of homemade touch.  The dish was only $1.00. They are the new colors in my kitchen.  I'm just loving the new look now.

It only took about 3-4 searches to locate my matching tablecloths.  Whew!  That job is done and ready for Thursday.


Medicinal, restful - beam me up tea was brewed.  

6 comments:

Susan said...

I love that - "Beam me up tea"! I could use a cup or two of that right now! Your house is going to glow, at this rate!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Susan, I'm a busy bee this week for sure.

Katmom said...

Kristina, luv your sweet crochet scrubbie,,,
Also, I luv how red & aqua blue work together.
Several years ago I bought a book, called 'The Farm Chic' by Serena Thompson.. I luv how she used those 2 colors in the kitchen.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Katmom, the pattern is online for free. I'll have to see who has it. Thanks for the book title too.

Jacqui said...

I like your warm colour scheme of red and blue - perfect for country style. It must be lovely to look out and see deer near your garden - real country living!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jacqui.