Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Peanut Butter Einkorn Cookies


Although Saturday felt like I was running around, and not catching a break, I got some einkorn peanut butter cookies baked.  Recipe is online.


Breakfast for the next few days will be einkorn blueberry pancakes.  I made a big batch while Youngest slept in.

Man what a day yesterday - cold, cloudy, snowing etc.  The water in the chicken's watering unit froze.  There was just a lot to get done.

I finished one handmade Christmas gift.  I may post photos, but I may need to wait until after the gifts are gifted too.

Today's another run-around day, so I surely hope to get Monday off for once.  Things will just need to sit so I can catch my breath.

I'm up early doing the usual homestead hustle.  I'm letting Hubby sleep in on his only day off.  It's 25°F, but no wind thankfully.





4 comments:

Leigh said...

Einkorn! I tried to plant a heritage wheat in my fall garden as a pancake patch. But none of the seed sprouted! Very disappointed as I'd like to switch from buying modern wheat seed from the feed store and grow an old variety instead. Both cookies and pancakes look very inviting.

Rebecca Knox said...

Your posts are inspiring, Kristina! They remind of earlier days when my own brood was still at home and we were living the good life out on the farm. It's cold here, too, with more snow on the way tonight and into to tomorrow. They're saying we could get three or more inches. Am hoping to make it to the store before it gets here. Have a blessed Sunday and a great week ahead! <3

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Rebecca, snow is coming here again soon too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Leigh, if we ever get enough saved up, we'll buy a tractor and get some wheat and other grains planted here.