Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, October 26, 2018

.....from the handiwork journal


Finished a navy headband for my oldest daughter.



Finished these knitted dishcloths to sell.  They are almost restocked for the next craft show.


Finished another mug/coaster set.




Finished a set of elf boot cuffs for Youngest daughter.  I'll most likely adjust this pattern for a shorter top on it, and round the top round in white vs. green yarn.  Small bells will be sewn onto the tips of the red part too.  Or possible leave them as they are, and give buyers an option prior to a craft show.  I guess you could glue on pom poms too.  It'll be interesting to see what Youngest wants on hers.  She can't wear them to school, but can elsewhere.  This pattern is for sale at Etsy by AllieCatsHats (not an affiliate, just sharing).




Started this scarf for an order for a Christmas present.



Current dishcloth on the knitting needles.




Current lapghan on the crochet hook.





I got a set of boot cuffs crocheted to sell.  New pattern.  I started a second set for a Christmas present as well.  This pattern is online for free at Crystalized Designs.  The only problem selling boot cuffs?  Not everyone can wear the size they make (most have one size).  I love the elf boot cuff pattern, because the designer included a size chart, so they can be made for calf size.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


In light of my panic attack (coyotes lurking) yesterday morning, and yes I was in my PJ's and bathrobe, I let my ladies and stud muffin Sparta (chickens) in the coop.  I didn't even take the chance to put them in their run.  They were pretty mad at me.

Tater Tot wasn't happy with me either (Jesse).  He loves to roam, and is never on a leash.  He was on a leash all day and hated it.

Most of the morning I was out looking for one of the barn cats.  I hadn't seen her and that worried me, but she later showed up.

Cheeta Puff (Tiger) has had so much anxiety with dogs (Mia is a cat chaser) in the house again, he was throwing up all over, and would not leave the utility room.  I felt so bad for him, so I snuck him into my room to get some lovin' time, while I crocheted.

I baked a new recipe.  It's from a healthy dessert site online.  I'll be sharing if it tastes good or not.

2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Wow so many projects, your needles must be on fire. I loved the elf cuffs, such fun. The coyotes must be a real scare, I am not sure how I would cope with that.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, thank you so much. I've tried to catch up on my handiwork. Yes, coyotes are an issue with small animals. Thankfully, they have moved on.