Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Random Tidbits

I walked right into an orb weaver and it's web, while walking from the garden to the house (shiver).  The good news, is when I looked back, the spider was still in the web.  The web was hanging under one of my clotheslines.



Bought another peck of hot banana peppers and canned more hot pepper relish.  We love this stuff.  So glad I tried a new recipe this year. 



I've had more requests to sell these again, but wonder what price you'd pay. It requires 20 yards of netting.  I think I used to sell them for $3/each but wondered if I'm shorting myself.


It's pretty thick too.  I just haven't made any for about 2 years.

On a funny note, Hubby and I bought a plastic black rat.  The first time we tried to scare our youngest it failed.  She brought it downstairs so I put it in a wall cabinet in her bathroom, where she keeps her toothbrush etc.  We got her good!!

Once again they warned us severe storms were rolling in, and even tornadoes.  Woke up to a slight wind and that was it.  So glad we didn't get it, but I'm starting to doubt the weather forecast (again).

4 comments:

Debby Flowers said...

Nice scrubby - I guess it would depend on how much the netting cost. You certainly want to recover your cost, and then add some for your time of course. The vanilla wafers from last time look great - are they just for eating or to use in recipes?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debby, thanks. The wafers are delicious to just eat, and are great to use in other recipes.

mamasmercantile said...

The pepper relish looks so good. I always work out costings and then double it, hope that helps. I would hate to meet the rat, I can't think of anything worse.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, the scrubbies take longer than I'd like to make. That's the only issue I have with selling them lower than $3.00. Thanks on the relish. We love it.