Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

No gardening work

Monday's are typically the worst days of the week for Hubby and Youngest.  I try to get something sweet baked, but early morning started with a kitchen full of dirty dishes.  We were lazy for sure.  We were stressed over the car accident, and it was cold out and raining the entire time, so we all (after getting the car home) pulled on comfy clothes and watched movies. 

Hubby and I watched Smokey and the Bandit, and our daughter watched her favorite movies in another room.  I crocheted, and for once, started and finished an entire scarf.  It's a Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf. The young crowd goes goo-goo over these.  Who knew?  

The dishes sat though, so first thing Monday morning, I had a messy kitchen to clean up before I did any baking, other cleaning or laundry.  Boy were we lazy.  I had a ton to wash.  Sunday morning, I made homemade biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and fried potatoes.  Yeah, lots of dishes, plus I had made more poultices.

The rain continued (sigh) Monday as well.  I scrambled around to find places to dry laundry.  




Dishes were done and some blueberry muffins were baked.  More dirty dishes were made.

Nothing really exciting in the homesteading department.  It was a make it/refill it sort of day.  I had to refill my jars of homemade vanilla, mullein tincture and organic ground cinnamon.  I made homemade shampoo too.

Good news.  We are not required to replace the airbags in the car, we'll get reimbursed for the towing, and we just have to replace the windshield. Whew!

The rain continued to fall, clouds covered, and it was a high of 62°F.  It sure felt strange to be wearing heavier clothing, and getting my winter robe out at night.  Today, it'll be a it warmer and we are to get some sunshine.

4 comments:

Lisa B said...

If you don't have to replace the airbags will your daughter just drive without them? or can they be "restuffed"?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lisa, the cost to replace the airbags is more than the value of the car.

mamasmercantile said...

Good news on the car. I have laundry hanging all over the cottage too, hopefully it will be a drying day tomorrow.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, thanks. We see drier days ahead.