Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Random Tidbits

I had every intention of weeding Monday morning, but Youngest actually got out of bed early and we had some porch time.   Truth be told, I was not running on all cylinders and the "gas tank" was on drizzle.

The more we sipped coffee and chatted, the more I talked myself right out of weeding.  The weather said rain at 11am, so I detoured my work possibilities.

Then later, the rain was delayed, and I was already showered and cleaned up.  The good news is the red raspberries are coming in nicely this year.  Yum.  I took a quick look-see at the garden and the zucchini is on, and boy it looks like we'll have a boat load this summer.


I'm making new habits and breaking some oldies.  I used to get my mail just before dinner, bring it in, sort it and toss it by the computer.  It'd pile up like a mountain.  Now I get it right when they deliver, open it all, file, sort, and I now have less chaos and less work later.  I'm better at making sure I leave time to put up whatever I bring in, like the red raspberries too.

As far as extreme cleaning goes, I washed down the plant stands.  I'm terrible at watering them, and dusting the stands.  I literally sat some outside for the rain to wash them.  

And speaking of rain.  We, after a heat wave, are getting 4-5 days of rain, so my weeds will be flourishing even more.  Sigh...

The front room is coming along nicely after one dog ate entire curtain, my reading chair, sofa cushions, chewed holes in my crocheted afghans etc etc.  Now that they live with the kids, I'm able to replace a few items, like my curtains.  They had pulled them down so many times the rods were bent too, and I only had one panel on each window.  


Before.



After.  

I love them.  Hubby does too.  "Tiggles" is enjoying the homestead now that he's not running from the dogs daily.  He's been seen playing with his toy ball too.  He's been very relaxed, but I keep whispering to him that it'll change again one day, and he'll be running from a much better trained puppy.

6 comments:

Henny Penny said...

Your window is so pretty with the new curtains. We went from too much rain to no rain. It's that way every summer. Along about the time the garden gets pretty, the rain stops. So far I have not found even one zucchini. Glad your are doing good.

mamasmercantile said...

The lace on the window looks beautiful. How nice to spend some quality time with your youngest, they will become moments to treasure.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Henny Penny, thank you. I love my new curtains. We have 3 windows with those curtains now.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, thank you. I've caught Hubby looking in the front room and smiling at it. We are all happy with the clean up and new look.

Sam I Am...... said...

Love your curtains! Where did you get them? I've been wanting some like that and never see them.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, I found a good sale online with JCPenney . Not sure if they are still on sale, but they may still sell them.