Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, July 30, 2018

It's On!! The Hitch is On!

Sunday morning we were up at 5am, and couldn't sleep, so we backed the truck up in the driveway and put the new hitch on!  It's on finally, after not camping for a year and a half!!  I am so excited, but unfortunately school will be starting next month.  Here's hoping for some nice fall weekends.

We celebrated our hard work with an afternoon motorcycle ride, and live entertainment and lunch on the patio (at the restaurant).


Oh, I have a list of canning to get done, and we have already chalked off Friday from doing any work, so it'll be a busy week in the kitchen (and garden).

8 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I am thrilled for you, hopefully you will get the camping trip you yearn for. I am hoping to get some beetroot cooked ready for pickling today.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, I am very happy, but sad it took us so long to do. I'm looking forward to some cool fall camping weekends. I'm canning today too. Enjoy!

Susan said...

Fall is a beautiful time for camping! Now you have no excuses!!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, you are right, ha ha! No excuses.

RB said...

I'm excited for you too. Prayers you get a good weekend between now and when school starts to go camping.
God bless.
RB
<><

Harry Flashman said...

Glad things are going well. I did all the camping I ever want to do in the Marine Corps between 1971-1986, but I know it's a good family thing. We are more "Holiday Inn" campers these days!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Harry, I can totally understand that.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks RB