Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Another Hot Day

I started in the garden about 7am, then moved onto unloading the wood.  I got all the tomatoes staked, with only  a few left to tie up.  It was only 80°F, but working in the direct sun wore me out and I quit at almost 10:45am.  

Having nothing in my stomach but coffee and a slice of toast, I donned my apron and made a large batch of egg and bacon scramble for the week.  I also multi-tasked and got dinner in the crock pot too.


However, a full kitchen of dirty dishes loomed.  Laundry had to be done.  You know how it goes, right?

4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

There really is something to the old saying that woman's work is never done! Just the one simple (?) task of food preparation. So often I look at the mound of dirty dishes on my counter and wonder how just two people can create so many dishes, pots and pans. My husband says it's because I actually cook, make everything from scratch and we sit down to three meals a day. Hmmmm, may be something to that!

Yesterday was laundry and ironing day for me so about the only thing I did outside was harvest strawberries. And then sit at the table for about 2-1/2 hours cleaning them. So why was I so stiff last night? I think it had a lot to do with the heat factor when I was working in the berries. I'm sure you felt the same thing after your time outdoors.

Sounds like you're still not feeling your usual perky-chirky self so please do take care, Kristina.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I was just asking myself (out loud) yesterday how I could make so many dirty dishes with just two of us, ha ha! Yeah, the heat was bad. I am just tired and worn out, but have a slower day today thankfully. I am actually praying the rain arrives as we could use it.

mamasmercantile said...

I often wonder the same, how can two people create so much washing up? The washing and ironing is calling for me today, I am playing catch up.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, I made a bunch of dirty dishes again. Creating from scratch does that, ha ha!