Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, June 9, 2018

More rain

The rain arrived as predicted.  So much rain this year.  I told Hubby, "don't be surprised if you come home one day and see the green pepper plants are planted in the flower beds."

We just can't get the tilling done to plant them.  Along with the last of the seeds.

I got out all the "bells and whistles" yesterday for my aiding my healing.  I rested all day yesterday while Hubby was at work.  It felt great too.  I'm drinking a triple powered tea, which is helping greatly - lemon balm, mullein and freshly grated ginger root.

This morning, my visitor was a baby squirrel.  I was sipping my hot coffee on the porch and this tiny brown movement went under my feet.  Of course it took me off guard, and right behind it was Aurora. She must have been looking for breakfast, but it ran right up a pine tree.

2 comments:

Henny Penny said...

Honestly, I feel for you. We thought the rain would never end here, but it did. We've now had six days without rain. The chickens are no longer walking in mud. Thunderstorms are predicted for tomorrow however. Hope you feel better soon.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Henny Penny, it's pretty wet here yet. I hope to feel much better soon.