Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Made it. . .

Is anyone out there in cyber land?  Hello?  Seems like less folks have less time to read blogs this time of year.  I'm one of them.  I'm so busy it's crazy busy, but functioning like a turtle due to sleep deprivation.

I made it through Monday.  The truck is still not fixed, so I still without wheels.  It's either raining, or some other reason we don't get it done. It rained again yesterday afternoon and through the night, but no bad storms as the weather man said.  Today?  More rain, so I'm on the indoor to-do list today.

I was happy to get much of the laundry out on the line and dried before more rain arrived.   I missed a flower head on the rhubarb, so that was cut off too. 


Apparently, there are not enough spider traps in my house.    I took it outside to kill, but from checking with others, it may be a type of wolf spider.

The day went fast, but I was dragging my feet. Every little job takes up time anymore - dump egg shells, check the asparagus, get the mail, start taking laundry down, get dinner in the crock pot, etc. etc.

The hens are back to producing pretty good now, which I am thankful for.

Nothing homesteady in this post either, but a post. Hubby had a job I needed done last night, as he had my car, but got over time.  

Meanwhile, Mom suggested a crocheted item for her grandson (my nephew).  

Monster ice pop holders for kids!  I made 3 last night, but need the felt to finish them.  This on is not glued on yet, but you get to see the first one.  I worked on this, while trying to watch regular TV, as the channel went in and out during the downpour.

Oh I have other half done projects, and could have been cleaning the closet, making lotion, and whatnot.  But when you get up at 3am, and have been tired as heck, you get into PJ's at 4pm and get comfortable.

9 comments:

Mama Pea said...

At least you're getting up blog posts, Kristina. I haven't been able to do that. This is such a crazy, busy time of year. I'm a bit like you in that there is so much I should be doing that I'm almost paralyzed and can't seem to get even one thing done of a day's time. I woke at 1:30 this morning and think I may have dozed on and off for about an hour more until getting up at 5:30. Some times it's just a bunch of fun, fun, fun, isn't it? ;o) This, too, shall pass.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I get so frustrated with the rain lately - too wet, or no time between downpours to plant or weed. And waking up in the early hours and not being able to sleep doesn't help. I didn't even work out yesterday (yikes). I plan on working out today, but once again that rain will deter my outside work. I sure hope to get the garden going again before too long.

Betsy @ Poverty Hollow said...

Oh I hear you on the rain. They only things not bothered by the rain are the chickens. They don't let a downpour stop them from scratching and eating bugs. The rain really makes me lazy. Hence, why I'm sitting here reading and commenting. :)

Betsy @ Poverty Hollow said...

I hear you on the rain. The only thing that it doesn't bother are the chickens. A little downpour doesn't stop them from scratching and eating bugs. The rain makes me so lazy and my to do list keeps getting longer. Procrastination at its finest.

mamasmercantile said...

The rain was getting me down too but finally we have had a couple of really nice days with more forecast so for that I am thankful. Such a great idea to crochet a cover for the ice pops.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Betsy, the rain is really delaying everything, but it's bringing up edible weeds.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, the rain makes me lazy and I know I have a ton of indoor work that can be done too. Oye.

Angela said...

I'm moving at a slow pace due to lack of sleep as well. Every task feels like it takes too much energy. I hope you're able to get some sleep soon.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Angela! I'm hoping for a morning to sleep in soon.