Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Breakfast Quesadillas

I'm thinking of warmer days ahead this morning.

I'm taking these for a camping breakfast this year - Breakfast Quesadillas.

You can make the eggs before you go - scrambled.  You can cook the onions and green bell peppers (with "fire it up" herb/spice mix).  You can cook you bacon ahead and crumble it.  You can make the tortillas ahead and take them.  Just assemble with some shredded cheese and heat in a skillet.  Yum.  Hubby liked his with sour cream and salsa.  

You can make these with just about any ingredient.  I love this idea, and I have no idea why I haven't made them for breakfast.  Easy, quick, and easy to transport for camping too.

Next time, I will make my tortillas larger, so I can fold them over to make our quesadillas.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Looks delicious!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Susan, it was very good. I bet they could be made for dessert too, with homemade apple pie filling or something else too.

mamasmercantile said...

They do indeed look delicious, I love the idea of having them as a desert to, yummy!

Buttons alias Grace said...

Yum, this looks delicious. I will try this. B

Mama Pea said...

Such a good breakfast idea! Must remember.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

thanks mamasmercantile

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Buttons, it was very good.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, it's very good. I will make them again too.

Leigh said...

Looks like a great idea for lunch too!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Leigh, we've made them for lunch with chicken, or chutney and cheese before. They were very good.