Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, February 23, 2018

Seeding ~ Finished! ~ Filling my Cup

I spent another hour seeding pods.  Don't worry, I won't be posting this daily, ha ha!  It was a long, quiet day, so I seeded some more.  One daughter, that's in high school, stayed after school for her musical practice and was there until 9pm.  The other daughter babysat for my brother, then had a date (I was the last to know).  So, it was me and the dogs for the day.



I was thus far on this project by the end of Tuesday.



However, by the end of Wednesday, I not only finished it, but finished a set of coasters too.  I really didn't think I'd get them done.  I'm donating the set to the auction.  Harley Davidson won't need to worry.  These were made to donate.  I made myself a cup coaster too, but that's all that will be getting made. 

I'm whipped.  Tired.  Fingers are sore from projects combined with chores.  Eyes bug-eyed and strained.  Teas will be made, a day off will be taken, and feet up.  Yes-siree.  This gal has earned it.



I took a long break, filled the woodstove with wood, and poured me a glass of energy packed, organic green tea with freshly squeezed lime juice.  I added a swig of homemade ginger-ale too, just for the heck of it.

Guess what?  Woke up to remember that Hubby never picked up coffee.  Ugh.  Yeah.  

11 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Sometimes a day by yourself can be great, can't it? I think you need to invent a radish pod seed shelling machine!

If we woke to a morning without coffee in the house, my husband would be in sad shape. (And so would I for letting our stash run out!!) ;o}

Susan said...

OMG! No coffee for your morning? It's inhumane! As always, your handwork is wonderful! I'm not surprised your fingers are sore.

Rain said...

Oh no! That's not something I'd like to wake up to lol...I love seeing your seeds...I always wondered how one does that. So far I use seeds from catalogs but down the line I'd love to harvest my own too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh Mama Pea, I don't think he'll forget it next time. Ha ha! I would have gotten it myelf, but alas the rain has not stopped to repair the brakes on my car (and the garage is not even close to being cleaned out. And...and..I need a dry day to haul all the stuff out of there to the thrift store. Sigh...I am in the boonies too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, I'll get to see if all my goodies fetch a good donation for the nephew's funeral costs this weekend. I hope they raise enough to pay for all of it. Yeah, no coffee is not a good thing.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, it was the very first year our radishes went to seed. Now if my beets and carrots would, I'd be gaining a bit next year.

mamasmercantile said...

I am hoping that the auction goes well and that you get a good price for all your wonderful donations. I will be thinking about you, take care.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you mamasmercantile.

Goatldi said...

Oh heck toss caution to the wind and take two days! A day without morning coffee is never good. Hope you weren't too tough on him as he paid dearly without the cuppa Joe I imagine.

Cute idea for the raffle donation and nicely executed.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Goatldi, thanks for the push for taking another day off, and thanks for the compliments.

Buttons alias Grace said...

Oh, I really need to get started. Good for you. B