Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Mid week already

Are you wondering if I got anything new done yesterday?  Or if I put a chair on the porch and split open radish pods?

Nope.

Not a thing.

Nothing. 

Zippo.

Nada.

Why?  How did this happen?


Us.

Riding away with a beautiful sunset behind us last night.  Hubby surprised me.  With the temperatures in the low 60's, he took a half day off work and we took the Harley out.  We took it out all afternoon, and when his nephew found out, we rode to his place, and rode with him (oh boy, his wife was so angry with him too - she hates that he bought a motorcycle) until the sun began to set.  What a day.  Let's just say my cortisol levels are pretty low now.  It really is our road therapy - so freeing of all worry, stress, and anything else.  I didn't worry about what I wasn't home getting done, and the hennies were all out playing in the run, in the beautiful sun.

I not only took care of the chicks and gent, got the mail, fed the cats, etc etc, but I also did this.

I was quite surprised myself, but I think I had a prosperous day physically and mentally.

Today the weather turns on the sour side again, hence the ride yesterday.  We needed our tanks refilled before the nasty weather arrives again.  It's be a nice mid 50's today, but the dreary clouds and rain will be back.


5 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Good For. You!!

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds like a lovely day, good for body and soul.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, it was so worth it too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, our rides are so freeing of everything negative. It just fills us up to handle more of winter. And kids.

Sandra said...

Sounds like a great time! We have to take advantage of those nice days, after a long winter.