Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Afghan Donation ~ Radish Seeds ~ Whipped

I finished the ripple afghan, which will be donated to the family benefit.


Best I figure, it's value is about $100.00.  Maybe $80-100.00, so I hope they fetch a good amount for it a the auction.  



The one surviving bag of germinating radish seeds sprouted.
Looks like I break open pods this week.   I decided, for kicks and giggles, to plant them (inside) too.  I have no inkling as to which pile of pods are cherry belle or french breakfast.  Either way they'll both be kept separate and planted.  I'll see if I can grow some of the surviving indoors to do a double check on which seeds are which ones.

As you guessed, I am whipped.  Woke up with congestion a teensy bit.  Downed my Four Thieves Vinegar, and taking it easy today.  And the rest of the week.

10 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Don't those healthy, green little seedings make you itch to get out in the garden?

Please, please do take care of yourself, Kristina. Your immune system has been fighting to get back up to snuff for more than a year now and you have to be careful. You've got a couple of strong girls in the house who can pick up the slack until you're 100% again. I know they're busy, but aren't you every single day of the year with all you do at home?

Sam I Am...... said...

What's the family benefit for? Sorry you aren't feeling well...too much over the weekend. The radishes are looking good. My daffodils are up about 3 inches....Spring is on the way...very windy and warm here...typical Spring weather with rain and then sunshine and then more rain and sunshine. Today I'm cooking and baking and then back to deep cleaning.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a beautiful blanket, here's hoping for a successful auction and it goes for a lot more.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, those radish seeds have me definitely itching to get into the garden. Yeah, I'm taking it much slower this week. The weather is helping make sure too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, the benefit is to help raise money to pay for a funeral and headstone. Our nephew's son (21) passed away late January.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you mamasmercantile.

Vicki said...

Such a beautiful afghan! Inspires me to give a ripple afghan a try. Good way to use up all those leftover balls of yarn,

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Vicki, it is a wonderful way to use up yarn from other projects. We love them. I just hope someone else does too.

Kristen - yourfaceislikethesunshine.blogspot.com said...

Your Afghan is stunning!!!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Kristen