Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Random Tidbits

Our "grandson" has been staying with us for the last few days. He may be here for a while yet, while our "Vet Tech-in training" daughter gets her move straightened out.


We now have a "dog" blanket over the bed quilt so the dogs don't ruin it.  However, "grandson" Jesse has been given soul rights to the blanket for now.  He's old, and he can barely get on or off the bed anymore.  He's been getting spoiled by us.  


The hot pepper pickled eggs have been delicious on top of chicken or tuna salad (made with my home canned sweet pickle {or zucchini} relish).  Yum! 

Reminder:  Check the batteries in your smoke alarms.

10 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

What a beautiful looking dog, I can totally understand why he would be spoilt.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you mamasmercantile.

Susan said...

Your grandpup is the sweetest thing! I really do love senior dogs. I will have to pickle some eggs - now that you have me craving them! My hens have picked up production since I've taken to turning their light on.

Lady Jane said...

mmm eggs look good! Thanks for the heads up for the alarms I will do that very thing. hugs, lj

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, he really is a good dog too. I have another dozen eggs stashed to pickle again. Mmmm!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lady Jane, I often forget to check the batteries.

Sam I Am...... said...

Jesse reminds me of my Abby that I had on the farm. She was the greatest farm dog ever and would fight to the death for me and almost did several times! Bless Jesse and he is lucky to have such GREAT grandparents!

Liz said...

Used to love pickled eggs! Until I ate to many at one sitting! :(
Glad the pup is getting spoiled by his "grandparents"!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sam I Am!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Liz, you are right. I eat one. They are almost gone too.