Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 12, 2018

. . . from the handiwork journal ~ Finished but one (and then some) ~ Storm blowing in

. . .  lavender bags finally made.  It's been on the "after craft show" to-do list.  I used scrap fabric for the bags, and the smallest scraps of yarn to tie the bags with.  My dresser drawers now smell lovely.




. . . finished this granny square scarf for upcoming craft show (if they still hold it, weather may be an issue).






. . .made my first African flower motif scarf (a wrap around scarf).  




. . . finished my first carriage baby blanket.  It was very cloudy the day I took the photo.



. . . finished two more slouchy hats.





. . . finished the Gryffindor "Harry Potter" scarf for my oldest daughter's birthday present.




. . .got a few more of these made (my going on 7-8 year project, ha ha!).





. . . update on the "cotton ball"  substitute.  I LOVE them. They work great.  I will be washing them by hand or in a crocheted soap saver bag (similar to a mesh wash bag). 


These are not all the projects on hooks, or awaiting the sewing machine right now either.  I have more.  I just didn't get photos taken, but they are now listed in my handy notebook to keep track of and finish before spring planting.

School closed, and it's only raining right now, but snow is blowing in later.  Snow storm! 

Hubby and I got our motorcycle ride in yesterday - first ride in 2018.  We saw one biker out yesterday.  Our ride was so rejuvenating.  Well, I'm off to check the weather.  Again.  

What projects have you completed recently?

12 comments:

Rain said...

Hi Kristina :) Your lavender bags are so nice! And I love that African flower pattern and your blanket! You've been very busy! I can't even answer your question as I've not completed any needle work lately! I'm somehow busier than I seem to be lol...I'm focusing a lot on my spirit lately and doing some self-improvement. That's what winter is all about for me!

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, that is an impressive amount you have finished. I am a great fan of lavander bags. Glad you were able to get out on the bike.

Unknown said...

We’re in the U.P. We’ve already had half of our annual snowfall. (Over 100”) Blah....I’m so over it!
My project is sitting in the cold basement and going through junk to sell, or not to sell. I can see my breath down there. The sun is trying to peak through but the snow is in front of the basement window. I feel like Eeore...”oh, bother”.....
Nice job with the scarves! Knitting/crocheting is not for me. I can quilt, make sourdough, soap etc. but knitting and crocheting are beyond my patience. Kudo’s to you!
Debbie

Vicki said...

You do so much. I feel like a slacker by comparison. :)

Love the granny scarf. (And the rest as well.) I may have to try one before the next winter is upon us.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, I am busy cleaning today. Never a dull moment here either, no matter the season.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, I've had the baby blanket on my hook for a while, and just needed to finish about 1/4th of it. Thanks.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debbie, our garage is not heated, and that is where our Christmas totes get stored. We were freezing out there, ha ha!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Vicki, I don't usually get this much done during winter, and now I am cleaning. Boy am I cleaning too. I still have projects that I started early last year, thinking I'd sell at the Farmer's Market again, but didn't. So...the projects loom, ha ha!

Mama Pea said...

You are a crazy-busy lady when it comes to getting handwork projects done! The amount you turn out amazes me. I just put up a post of a couple projects I worked on or finished last month when I took a little break from the computer. Last night I picked out a pattern for an afghan for the couch. Like I needed another project!! But what would we do without the creativeness our hands can turn out?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I must have missed your post. I have to go see.

Sam I Am...... said...

Wow! You have gotten more done in a week than I do all year~ LOL~ I love your projects and your African Flower motif is so pretty. I really like the face pads and the granny square scarf too! Heck, I like it all! I did like you and reserved a page in my journal for my various projects so I can, hopefully, stay on top of them. Great job, Kristina!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sam I Am. Much of the final items will go in the next craft show, but the Harry Potter scarf is a birthday present for my oldest daughter. Feels good to get more projects done this winter, but I need to read more too.