Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, December 11, 2017

Teabag Tidbits


I have been drinking organic, store bought dandelion root tea.  I have depleted my homegrown stash of dehydrated root.  I love the little tags that come on them.  So inspiring.


I finished another scarf order last night, and have one left to do.  Then it's onto making new stuff to add to the inventory, plus one daughter's requested scarf.



This is the set I recently sold - blue double wrap infinity scarf and black matching slouchy hat.  It appears that I will be making some messy bun hats (still looking for a pattern) and beanies in my spare time this January and February.

I haven't baked anything new for the upcoming Christmas.  I lack some ingredients, but I'll be able to work on barn wood if the snow slows down again.  I need to clean the chicken coop, so I am hoping for a warmer day soon. Our highs this weeks are between 20-30 degrees.  Brr.

The truck has not been repaired, so now that we have the car for our daughter we are still playing the car shuffle here.  The good news is, that I have gotten past the anxiety and fear of writing my first eBook (a very small start, but an inspiration).  I believe, now that I am car-less again this week, it is a good time to take advantage of it, and do more writing.  We have cut back on the holiday sweets, so I alternate each year vs. make everything I used to.

I have used my oil diffuser a few times lately, and wow!  It not only helps fight off a sore throat or the sniffles, but we sleep like a rock.  Hubby had a headache, and instead of taking ibuprofen, I diffused some oils.  He slept great, and his headache passed on.


No comments: