Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Random Tidbits

Today I am thankful for:

 
 ~ my short crocheted cowl.  It's been keeping me warm, and does not get in the way of my work outside.  I wear it inside on days I just don't want to mess with firing up the wood stove.

~ our libraries, with them I can learn so much, and obtain free entertainment, if anything in my last "loot" is worthy to share I will. I have lots of "loot."



I have been cleaning a lot lately.  Computer/office area has been wiped down, spider webs gone, dust gone . . . have lots to file yet though, and a few recipes to take care of.

The orange Asian beetles are trying to all move in lately. Not happening.  We've had two large wolf spiders come in, and one dropped down almost directly on me.  Ugh.  They are no longer alive. 
 


Some of the rugs were washed.  I just ran out of time. 

The dishwasher got cleaned.  I had to purchase a special cleaner for it, but that deep clean job is done.



Tree #2 in the office area was put up.  Tree #3 was started.  To make that story short, Hubby bought 2 boxes of 25 string blue lights for my bathroom tree last year.  I didn't use them due to the cords being green (and the tree never went up).  As we opened the tree boxes, we found all of our tree lights broken, some smashed (not sure what happened), and we had zero to put up.  So, we took the measly small cords of bright blue and used them.  I fell in love with them.  We may only have 50 lights on the tree, but they very pretty.




While out running an errand, I picked up this little ditty - $1.00 pot holder.  I love it. 

I'm still working on the old barn boards.  My wrist is a bit sore, so I may just take the day off from it and work the garden.  It all depends on weather and how wet it may be. Hubby came home tired, but fixed a cupboard door and put the very last knob on (finally after finding it). 

I've now gotten one kiddo all super excited about decorating for Christmas. She went to town and bought an 18 inch Christmas tree for her bedroom, and put handmade ornaments on it (that I gifted each of them).

4 comments:

Nancy In Boise said...

I love libraries to I get DVDs there all the time and cookbooks. I'm thinking about Thanksgiving and here you are doing Christmas decorating! Haha

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Little Homestead, I'm just doing a little of this and that for Christmas right now, but the kids are all for it. I didn't get to enjoy the season last winter. And this year we are skipping Thanksgiving. Yep, skipping at least the cooking part.

Sam I Am...... said...

I made a few cowls last year and wear them in the house. It seems if my neck and shoulder are warm I am warm. Now I need to work on the feet....get the wool socks out and find some shoes that don't have 'cooling vents' on them. Your trees are adorable and so is the pot holder. Wolf spiders...ahhhhh! They are huge too! Gives me the heebie jeebies! I have the cleaning bug too....it's about time for me! LOL!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, one of the wolf spiders came down from the ceiling trim, and almost landed on me. I lost it in my craziness way of trying to kill it, but one of the girls found it and got it.