Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, November 10, 2017

Put up a Tree and Cleaning Starts

The garden is too wet, and now frozen.  I think if I even get the last tomato stakes out, I'll be happy. 

I woke up to a chilly 21°F this morning.

Yesterday, after a few chores, I went to drag out Christmas tree #4.  The day ended up with an all day date with this:

First, I noticed the study chair was needing a good cleaning (on my way to open cubbie to get the tree), so I thought I'd get two things done - the chair, then my dresser top, to where the ceramic tree would go.

I flipped the chair upside down and saw spider webs (Yikes!) so off I went to find the vacuum cleaner.  I ended up cleaning the entire desk, cubbie door, chair and my dresser top.  I then proceeded to pull drawers out and wipe them down and the inside of the dresser, which led me to more cleaning, and on and on it went.

However, Christmas tree #4 was put in place.  Whew!  I had to text Hubby that I needed another pair of rubber gloves.  I need them for today's continued wood work cleaning.

While all that was going on, I almost forgot I had bread rising.


Yikes.  Not the best load, but a loaf. The photo makes it look good, but it's lopsided, ha ha!  I really need to find a good whole wheat bread recipe. 

Another yikes - almost forgot to take the dogs out.  "Grad" daughter is home most mornings and she had an 8 hour work day.

Dusting was done, carpets swept, my dresser cleaned off.  Another spider trap is in place.  

Do you ever have to spend a day putting away the "didn't put it aways?"  You know, those items you just put down and tell yourself you'll put it away another time?  I have been diligent in keeping those areas clean, so it only took a few minutes to clean that up. 

If I had a plan for yesterday, it would have failed for sure, but I got much of my deep cleaning done.  I have more to clean.  Much more.  I'm making a list for the girls now. 

2 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

I made bread dough the other day and it was like soup...I used a recipe I had tried before that didin't work out but forgot to throw it away. Today I will make the one that works! I am cleaning too and if I didn't have piles of stuff and papers to go through I could probably get lots more done lots faster but it is what it is. I must admit I am making permanent progress in many areas so that's a good thing. Your ceramic tree is just like mine. They were and probably still are very popular and I put mine in the window each year. I hope you get all your chores done so you can sit a relax a bit! Stay warm!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sam I Am.