Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, November 20, 2017

First Snow

As Hubby made my breakfast, I glanced out the window and said, "it's snowing!"  He didn't believe it either, but the kids came downstairs and told me it was actually snowing for three hours Saturday night.   Our first snow.

Our pouring down rain on Saturday turned to snow by late evening.  It snowed most of Sunday, and it was cold.  Nothing on the ground this morning though, but a chilly 28° F here.

The pears are disappearing again.  I rolled out  a pie crust.

Look who was "eye-spying" that pie crust too!  Ha ha!

While the guys (we had help arrive) worked on replacing the two year old wheel bearing, I baked another pear gingersnap pie.  They were drooling over it and couldn't wait to cut a piece.  

While the guys worked outside in the bitter cold, I worked on some crochet work until the pie was done.  Meatballs went in for dinner right after that.

Hubby's nephew had his first piece of pear pie, and he asked if I sold them, ha ha!  I sadly told him no, and that there were no more pears, but a few (aside from what I froze).  I'm sure he enjoyed his piece slathered with homemade whiskey butterscotch sauce.

I would have slept in a bit more this morning, had I known that school break started.  I went to get Youngest up, and she told me in a groggy voice, "on break Mom." 


 Look what we were gifted!  Cute, right?   Well, I may join the Happy Homemaker post today later.  I guess we'll see. I am glad I have helpers today, and the remainder of the week too.
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We’ve had snow for several days with several inches on the ground. Bleh...Right now, we’re at 22*.
The pie looks delicious! The sign’s nice, too. What a nice gift!
Debbie

Mama Pea said...

I never knew of a school district that had the whole week of Thanksgiving off! We just got the Friday after Thanksgiving Thursday off. I remember the first year out daughter was out in the working world and was really, really bummed she had to go back to work on Friday!

Is your Breakfast Laid Daily a dish towel? I'd love to have a sign like that to hang in the kitchen.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debbie, it's pretty cold, but at least we have sunshine today.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, the sign is thin metal. A towel would be nice though.

Mama Pea said...

Now that I look carefully, I can see the two holes for hanging at the upper corner of the sign. Do you know the company where the sign came from?