Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, October 30, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

I am joining Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  I had a very busy Sunday (just flip back one more post to read about it), and I am very happy to see it raining this morning (or it may be snow, not sure, could be snow showers again).

On the breakfast plate. . .
 Coffee and a piece of toast with Ginger-Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Butter.


Right now I am. . .
Taking a break, sipping more coffee


The weather outside . . .
Cold, rainy, and dark, so it's a much slower "work" day for me.


Looking around the house . . .
I sigh as I look at my large kitchen table, still covered with sweet potatoes, white potatoes and red potatoes.  I need to get the bin cleaned out and get the potatoes put in storage.


Today's to-do list . . .
~Wash bathrobe, I got it dirty somehow.  Most likely from taking the dogs out early morning
~wash and bleach bath towels
~scrub master bath toilet
~vacuum
~bake biscuits
~write

~crochet mug sets for up coming bazaar sale
~make iced tea
~dinner prep
~deep clean something


Currently reading . . .
 Old magazine I found stuffed in a drawer.  It's mostly recipes.  It may get me into trouble this time of year.

 The same novel - The Bones of Plenty.


On the TV today . . .
Nothing, listening to music, maybe some netflix tonight.  By the way Hubby and watched a movie called "Black Butterfly" and it was very good.  I have to give the writer credit for a very mind boggling movie.


On the menu this week . . .
Again, it's "fly by the seat of my pants" week - most likely homemade biscuits and gravy with fried potatoes, stuffed bell peppers, soup or stew of some kind, something using turkey maybe.


If I have a few minutes to myself today I will . . .
 Write in my personal journal.


New recipe I tired or want to try this week . . .
Well I made homemade hairspray and will be trying it later today.  You can find my source for the recipe in yesterday's post.

I also made calendula cream for the first time.  Easy recipe, almost like the homemade hand lotion, but using my calendula infused oil, and different essential oils.  I am using this on my pinched fingers.  Again, this is on yesterday's post too.  The recipe can be found online. 
 
I want to make homemade make up wipes.  I have everything but one ingredient, so it's on the list for this weekend.

A chocolate pie.

A new sweet potato dish.  Again, need one ingredient. Adding it to my shopping list.  

A rosemary foot soak recipe.




Looking forward to this week . . .
 The weekend.  



Favorite photo from the camera . . .




Devotional, Scripture Reading, Key Verses. . .

Psalm 27:6 (NIV)

"Then my head will be exalted
    above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
    I will sing and make music to the Lord."

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Your crochet mug sets are lovely! What a great gift.

Jean said...

My crew would be super excited to see chocolate pie on your list! Never thought of trying to make homemade hairspray. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Pamela thanks. I made one for myself and loved it, and blog friends suggested I make up sets with mugs. I will be selling some at a craft bazaar and possibly adding some hot cocoa or chocolate covered spoon too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jean, I am so sensitive to chemicals that I never thought of trying one homemade. We use grape seed oil to remove make up, but I'm going to make homemade make up wipes for us to try too.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Those mug cozy set are really cute. Have a great week. That old magazine looks really interesting too. Have a great week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Tammy, I am putting together several mug sets to sell. If they don't sell, I can easily gift them too. I am having fun making them anyway.

Sam I Am...... said...

I love your Happy Homemaker Monday's...I should combine it with my Book Date. The magazine looks great and so do your mug sets. You do such pretty crochet projects.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, with winter approaching, I can read more often too.