Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Barn Rubble

Here is what the big barn ruble looked like on 6-26-17:


And here is an updated photo, with a slight progress of "rubble-be-gone"


 It was very humid when I took this photo, so it looks strange (foggy lens), but you can see that we have re-homed some roofing and other parts.

Since I took that second photo, the entire roofing is now gone (but a few rusty pieces).  We can now dig out the siding. 

Progress is being made.




Also, I have the pulleys out of the ruble now.  The plan is to make a lamp with them.  It could be a winter project.

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I love those wooden pulleys, looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Mama Pea said...

Good progress. (But some projects take waaaay longer than we would like, don't they?)

Sam I Am...... said...

Love the pulleys! Why don't you just burn the rest and recycle the metal? Love when progress is made! Good for you guys!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, I have three of them. I think that's all that was in the barn, so I am looking up ideas now.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, you are right. It will take a long time to remove all of this, but the siding will be pulled this next week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, we are giving most of the siding to the folks who knocked the barn down, then will cut up anything not painted for burning.