Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Random Tidbits

The weather is turning a bit cooler today, so I as up early to make sure the fire was going (or started).  We had some lovely sunshine yesterday, and I found excuses to go outside - dump the egg shells, walk the dogs, feed the barn animals, let the goats out, get the mail.  It was so nice to see the sun for a while.

Hubby and I got a laugh out of this.  It's a writing magazine that I found, opened to this page, stuffed in the desk I am cleaning out.  Ha ha!  Oh the laugh we got.  So fitting for the cleaning I am doing.

My backside is a bit sore after my first chiropractor visit, but I guess I'll be going a few more times yet, before it's feeling tip-top shape again.  I'm so glad I am going too.  It's all from the way I had to sleep in the hospital bed, and I do not plan on being in one again.  The entire experience of it all was not pleasant (and very expensive). 

I have to keep moving during the day, and resist the urge to sit down much.  The sitting makes my backside worse.  I did a lot of sitting over the last month.  It's been frustrating, but the task of deep cleaning is keeping me focused and positive (and moving). 

I found many, many un-read magazines that were passed down to me.  I am simply reading through quickly during my afternoon cup of hot tea, to get story ideas, article ideas, etc.

Anyone could write this article.  I think we all have tips for this.

I have thrown myself into my utility room to deep clean. Over the summer, it became the "catch all" (again).  The first thing I am attacking with gusto, are the school supply drawers.  

When kids are in elementary, and just out of elementary, the school supply requirements are large - markers of two kinds, colored pencils, pencils, ruler, eraser, glue....the list is always long.  Over the years, I stacked plastic drawers to organize supplies to have on hand, and buy in bulk (when on sale).  It worked great.  

Now, I have one graduating this year, and one left in high school.  The drawers are being emptied one by one, sorting, tossing, and donating.  It's rather time consuming, and has taken two days already (in between other chores).  They have all grown up, but I always keep at least one box of crayons in the drawer.  We have an ample supply of 3-ring binders, book covers and lined paper for the one left in school.  I found flash cards in the drawers, ha ha!  That is how long it's been since I really went through the drawers.  

What will I do with the empty drawers?  I may have a plan for them.  I do realize, however, drawers and totes filled with items, tend to get forgotten about.  I'm going to be much more diligent.

2 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Too funny about the "clutter article"...I get "reminders" all the time to get going. In fact, I think Miss Peeps was sent to me to remind when I've been in front of the pc too long because she will either meow at me or jump in my lap.
I love your positive attitude....I admire that in people as I am fully convinced it is the only way to live. I had a friend who used to say you can give yourself 48 hours for a pity party and after that you need to get up and get going and I truly adhere to that philosophy! Glad to hear the back is healing and you too!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, that whole experience of being in the hospital made me really re-think my health and health of a positive mind.