Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Oh what a relief it is....

...plop, plop, fizz, fizz....oh what a relief it is....


 
It's DONE!

I flipped it over so you could see all 50 colors of yarn.  Hubby and I got a chuckle, when I told him it had 50 shades of yarn, ha ha!  Now the fight is on.  Hubby wants it in the camper.  One daughter wants it.  I want it for pete's sake.

Time for a celebratory drink I think.  Tonight, that is. 

And I'm not out of unfinished projects, but the largest is complete, and before warm weather arrives.

14 comments:

Susan said...

I hope you hang onto that beauty for yourself! What a labor of love - it is spectacular!!!

Saundra said...


The blanket is beautiful!!! Lots of time & work put into it. I think it's amazing. You should have first dibs.
I'm glad to see how you've been healing & getting back to your spunky & creative self.
Happy Valentine's Day. Hope you & Hubby go for a motorcycle ride.

Sandy

Mama Pea said...

Can hardly believe how absolutely lovely that turned out using up left over yarn! ('Course, your talented fingers had a lot to do with it!)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, Hubby wants to drive to TN and gift it to Dolly Parton. I told him I am keeping it. I used yarn from my Aunt to make this one.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Saundra, thank you! The weather is a bit chilly today, but we very well may get a motorcycle ride this weekend. It will be warming up again.

Nancy In Boise said...

Keep it! :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I used the last of some of those colors for that scarf I crocheted, so I won't be making another one too soon. I have cleared out some closet space too, ha ha! I might be making a scrap scarf with some of the smaller leftovers. Urgh. I am already talking myself into another project. I still have that baby blanket with flowers lurking.

Debby Flowers said...

It's a beauty Kristina! What is amazing me is the green! Winter is over in your parts!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Little Homestead, I think I will be keeping it for myself.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debby, we are drying out from the last massive rain we got, and the snow hasn't been here much at all this winter.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Of, it truly is beautiful! Such a huge project and you did it so well!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you GratefulPrayer. It took a year to finish, but I am thrilled with it. I have less leftover yarn sitting around too.

Sam I Am...... said...

It turned out beautiful!!!! I want to make one now!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I am, I love it. It's my second one to make, and I have been successful at using up yarn now.