Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

What's Cookin'?

My lunch yesterday, and this morning it's Hubby's breakfast.  It was one of those throw-it-together scrambles.  I had just enough chard in the garden to make it, and used another jalapeno to flavor it up.  My sweet potato stash is dwindling quicker than I want it to.


I baked bread, but I didn't get my rose bed weeded yet.  The cart is still sitting there.  I often wonder if anyone even notices it's a mess but me.  I have other priorities anyway.  Like the messy porch, furniture that needs placed in storage, and so forth.


I love surprise mail.  Two weeks ago, one of my sisters sent this to me.  It made my day.  She said the two dangling pieces are "magic wands."  I've been wearing my "magic wands" lately, making things disappear, pop into jars and freezer bags.    I'm wearing them again today, in hopes for more help.  My job as "mother" is being tested this week.

School was delayed today.  Fog.  Foggy days make me lazy, and I waste the morning. It's been too cold to get out there early lately anyway.  I have a cat that is walking back in forth between my keyboard and the computer screen, wanting to be fed right now, ha ha!  Now he's patting my fingers as I type.  Ha ha!  I guess someone wants his breakfast right now.

4 comments:

Susan said...

You have thoughtful sisters, too! What a nice gift. When my cat is impatient for his breakfast, he head-butts me. That scramble looks so delicious! Chard is on the top of my list for planting next year.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, after I posted this, he started rubbing his head on my hands. Tiger is very loving most of the time. The scramble was very good, thanks.

RB said...

I've never heard of the magic wand necklace. How sweet - I love it! Remember the magic words from Cinderella - "Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo." ("Put 'em together and what have you got bippidi-boobbidi-boo.") Don't know if they help or not, but the song can't help but to bring a smile to one's face.
Our cats rarely wander through my computer desk when I'm working. I'm pretty sure they use it for part of their race track when I'm not home though cause I often find my papers scattered. If only they could file.
Prayers for all those fighting forest fires throughout the US, especially in the NC, SC, GA mountains where the drought is so severe. Prayers for all the wildlife living there too.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I had to laugh at the necklace, when she told me they were "magic wands." You know how I run around and make things happen and all, ha ha! Some days I need them more.