One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Clove Mouth Wash

I've had this on my to-do list for the entire summer, but I'm just now getting around to making it.  And trying it.


Homemade mouth wash.


Using simply boiled water and organic/non-gmo cloves.  I had to buy the cloves from an online source. 


You place the cloves in a pot, and pour boiling water over the cloves. 1 cup of water, 1 tsp. of cloves.  I added some peppermint leaves too (vs. peppermint essential oil).  Strain and swish a small amount around in your mouth and spit.

I also read that cloves help relieve sensitive teeth.  Ever since my past dentist put in my crowns, I've had sensitive teeth near them.  We'll give this mouth wash a "whirl" and see how well it works out (for both reasons).

No comments: