Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Clove Mouth Wash

I've had this on my to-do list for the entire summer, but I'm just now getting around to making it.  And trying it.


Homemade mouth wash.


Using simply boiled water and organic/non-gmo cloves.  I had to buy the cloves from an online source. 


You place the cloves in a pot, and pour boiling water over the cloves. 1 cup of water, 1 tsp. of cloves.  I added some peppermint leaves too (vs. peppermint essential oil).  Strain and swish a small amount around in your mouth and spit.

I also read that cloves help relieve sensitive teeth.  Ever since my past dentist put in my crowns, I've had sensitive teeth near them.  We'll give this mouth wash a "whirl" and see how well it works out (for both reasons).

No comments: