Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, September 16, 2016

Tomato Paste ~ Canned

A few have asked for me to share the recipe I use for canning tomato paste.  Here you are:


I simply reduce tomatoes in a sauce pot, and simmer down all day.  It takes longer, but it eliminates the oil.  I then add the lemon juice to each jar before canning.  This is my second season to can it, and the first season was very nice to have on hand.  I used every jar too.

Enjoy!  Happy Canning!

2 comments:

RB said...

I LOVE the solar roosters, and what you did to your daughter was very very naught...
but funny. I hope it teaches her to pick up after herself, but probably won't. LOL
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks RB, the lights are very nice too. Ha, the trick we played on our daughter was very funny, and I do think she learned her lesson. Maybe. She leaves things laying around and the dogs get them.