One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, September 16, 2016

Tomato Paste ~ Canned

A few have asked for me to share the recipe I use for canning tomato paste.  Here you are:


I simply reduce tomatoes in a sauce pot, and simmer down all day.  It takes longer, but it eliminates the oil.  I then add the lemon juice to each jar before canning.  This is my second season to can it, and the first season was very nice to have on hand.  I used every jar too.

Enjoy!  Happy Canning!

2 comments:

RB said...

I LOVE the solar roosters, and what you did to your daughter was very very naught...
but funny. I hope it teaches her to pick up after herself, but probably won't. LOL
God bless.
RB
<><

Kristina said...

Thanks RB, the lights are very nice too. Ha, the trick we played on our daughter was very funny, and I do think she learned her lesson. Maybe. She leaves things laying around and the dogs get them.