One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Slower Sunday

Today, I started the day much more relaxed. I will try not to think about tomatoes until tomorrow.

Yesterday was a madwoman shopping day.  We needed chicken feed, coffee, toilet paper....necessary items.  I got my car an oil change (saving Hubby the work).  Also, we took too long to get our 17 year-old her driver's education classes, so we had to get her a new permit.   I was whipped at the end of unloading and putting everything away.  Today, we deserved to relax.  Hubby worked overtime this weekend too.



Hubby and I took our coffee to the front porch, and watched the sunrise for the first time this fall.  In fact, I can't remember watching it this summer, we were so busy.  Today, we enjoyed it. One kiddo even joined us.

I can hear the ragweed growing out in my vegetable garden, but today I will not listen.  Today, I will relax.  I keep repeating it in hopes I'll listen to myself, ha ha!

7 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I had to chuckle at your "I can hear the ragweed growing . . . " Hasn't it been hardy this year? Here, too!

Good for you for taking today off. I'm going to do the same . . . except for a couple of things that have to be done.

Michelle said...

Good for you. I keep telling my self that I am going to have a Sunday where I do nothing but relax. So far it hasn't happen. Something always comes up. Next Sunday I am locking my door and hiding the phone.

Kristina said...

Mama Pea it was a pretty good day, aside from getting my yarn in a knot. I pulled it out and out came a mess of yarn. I had to end the row, cut it, And add back on. Otherwise, I got two motorcycle rides in, a visit with both sides of the family too.

Kristina said...

Michelle, I hope you get your day off. It's tough to do it these days. I put a load of laundry out, and both Hubby and I were taking it down after our last motorcycle ride.

RB said...

I worked Sunday morning, 9am-2pm which meant I went to bed early Saturday night (for a change), and then got a nap Sunday afternoon (also for a change). Other than feeding and watering the animals, and doing dishes, I didn't do much else at all...
But that was enough. LOL
Prayers everyone has a great week ahead, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><

Kristina said...

RB, thank you. We had a very nice weekend. Saturday I ran around town picking up needs so it was so nice to take a break on Sunday.

Sam I Am...... said...

Beautiful pictures of your little corner of heaven! Glad you got to kick back a bit and enjoy what it's all about.