Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, August 29, 2016

Garlic, Fresh Tomatoes and Green onions


Easy Layered Dip
1 - 8 oz. cream cheese
2 cloves of garlic minced
1-2 Roma tomatoes (or your choice) chopped
Green onions, snipped
Mozzarella cheese, finely shredded

Set cream cheese out to soften.  Once soft, cream it with the minced garlic.  Spread it onto a serving plate (I use a regular dinner plate).  Top it with chopped tomatoes, and green onions.  Add shredded cheese to cover, to your taste.

Refrigerate for several hours for the garlic and cream cheese to infuse flavors.  Serve with crackers of your choice, and set the dip out for a few minutes to soften again (or it will be difficult to "dip" your crackers).

6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Looks good! Bet it didn't last long when you set it out. :o]

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I haven't made it in so long, it was nice to have tomatoes, garlic and onions to make it. I loaded on the veggies. The kids love this stuff. Even my picky vegetarian.

Sam I Am...... said...

Thanks for the recipe! I copied it as I am always looking for healthier snack options. Sometimes around dinnertime I need a little something to hold me over before dinner is ready. I have all those things on hand too!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

You are welcome Sam I Am. My family loves it.

Sandra said...

YUM! Cream Cheese, one of my favorite foods :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sandra, I miss making it homemade with goat's milk.