Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Twenty Plus

 I have fallen onto the band wagon of the 20+ questions.  Enjoy! You'll need a cup of something to read through this.  I hope it entertains you today.
 
1.  Do you like bleu cheese?  Yes, but only mixed with whiskey and butter to slab onto a grilled steak.

 
2.  Have you ever smoked?  Yes, once in high school, and it got me into trouble when I threw it out my car window, and it landed in the back seat of my car and burned a hole in a blanket.

 
3.  Do you own a gun?   If you follow my blog you already know I don't give warning shots.  Ammo is too expensive.

 
4.  What flavor of Kool Aid is your favorite?  Definitely lime.

 
5.  Do you get nervous before dental appointments?   Only if they are giving me an injection of some sort.

 
6.  What do you think of hot dogs?   I had a daughter who choked on one of those cheaper brands when she was little, and it scared me straight.  I steer away from them as much as I can, but sometimes grill the all real meat ones.

7.  What's your favorite Christmas movie?   The Year Without a Santa Claus. 

 
8.  What do you prefer to drink in the morning?  Abosulutely hands down, coffee.  Right after a glass of water mixed with honey and apple cider vinegar.

 
9.  Can you do push-ups?   Yes, but only about 20

 
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?  Right now, it's a spoon ring I inherited from my mother, and a ring my mother handed down to me from my Aunt.

 
11. What's your favorite hobby?  Well, this is tough.  I like to do all sorts of stuff - craft, crochet, knit, but still want to learn more handicrafts. 

 
12. Do you have A.D.D.?    I was supposed to be cleaning a bathroom....oh look!  Yarn!

13. Do you wear glasses or contacts?  Reading glass, 'cause the older I get the smaller the print gets.

 
14. What's your middle name?  Lynn

15. What are your thoughts at this minute?  The pups should be taken out again, I wonder if Hubby will split wood or we'll be doing other chores

16. Name 3 drinks that you regularly consume.  Only 3?  Water, Coffee, Tea....wine would be in there somewhere.

 
17. What is a current worry of yours?   The dead tree that still needs to come down, the wood stove that need replaced, and my daughter's broken down car.

 
18.  What do you currently hate?  Dirty dishes in the sink or on the counter, left over night.

19.  Where is your favorite place to be?  My front porch, anywhere camping (quiet camping), the island, or any comfy getaway with a hot tub.

 
20. What do you plan on doing on New Year's Eve this year?  Sitting in cozy clothes or even pajamas, sipping a beverage and watching a movie while crocheting or knitting.  I like to multi-task.

 
21. To where would you like to travel? With all the hoopla going on in the world, I have no interest to travel abroad, which is odd, as I loved to travel.  I've been to Hawaii, Argentina, Spain, Africa, and other US states, and even the Bahamas.  I guess I would have to say Minnesota.

22. Name three people you think will do this questionnaire on their blog.   Well, I'd say Susan and Mama Pea, but they already posted. 

23. Do you own slippers?  Yes, 3 pairs - one for summer that are open on the ends, one for any other day that slip on, and boot style for freezing bum cold days.

24.  What color shirt are you wearing?  White long shirt with a black t-shirt over it that has a Harley logo, that Hubby bought me.  He likes to send subliminal messages to me.

 
25.  Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?  Never have yet.

26.  Can you whistle?  Oh yes.  When you have dogs, you have to learn to whistle.

 
27.  What is your favorite color?   I don't really have a favorite, but I do tend to like the pink tones.  If it's clothing anyway. 

28.  What songs do you sing in the shower?  Zero.  I used to, until the kids filmed my voice from the other side of the door.  They just thought that was hilarous.

29.  Would you be a pirate?   Uh, I don't think so, unless you consider long knitting needles swords.

30.  What's in your pocket right now?  A dirty kleenex and a fitbit.

31.  What's the last thing that made you laugh?  Reading a blog.  The puppies.

32.  What vehicle do you drive?  A black buick lacrosse, because my husband doesn't want me to drive a truck every day like him over the winter time.


33.  What's the worst injury you've ever had?  Ten stitches to the top of my head when my oldest threw a log and I wasn't looking.  That, or when I had a screw loose in my brain, and was breast feeding a kiddo, and wanted to lose weight.  I bought brand new roller blades, went outside for about 5 minutes, and broke my wrist into little pieces.  Hubby had to hold daughter up for me in feed her, while in the emergency room.  I gave those skates to my oldest daughter, and stuck to walking.

 
34.  Do you love where you live?   Some days.  I'd like to be away from a busy road, and not have a mud bog in my back yard (which is still there).

 
35.  Would you change your first name if you could? When I was little I wanted the name Martha.

10 comments:

Susan said...

ONLY 20 push-ups?!?!? 😮

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, ha ha!

Mark said...

I'm definitely enjoying reading everyone's answers to Mama Pea's questions. Fun!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mark, it was fun answering them too.

Patricia @ CorninmyCoffee-pot said...

Fun!
I just read someone else's Q&A but not Mama Pea's I'll have to give hers a read now... Incidentally we have the same middle name, you and I ( mine has the E at the end)
Have a great day!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Patricia, that's neat! Have a great day too!

Mama Pea said...

Great answers! You made me laugh out loud more than once!

That episode about you, the roller blades, the broken wrist, and trying to hold an infant to breastfeed has to top the list of "And just whatever gave me the idea that would be a good idea??"

RB said...

Very interesting to read. Looked like fun so I thought I'd play too.
1. Do you like bleu cheese? Yes, in dressing with Buffalo wings.
2. Have you ever smoked? Never.
3. Do you own a gun? Yes, a realistic looking BB pistol.
4. What flavor of Kool Aid is your favorite? Grape.
5. Do you get nervous before dental appointments? Don't care for 'em, but don't get nervous either.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? They have a time and place.
7. What's your favorite Christmas movie? The Miracle on 34th Street (original one with Maureen O'Hara).
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Chai Tea.
9. Can you do push-ups? Oh heck no.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Earrings, all of them.
11. What's your favorite hobby? Loom beading is my favorite, but most often I'll be doing quilting.
12. Do you have A.D.D.? No, any fragmenting of mine I'd attribute to old age.
13. Do you wear glasses or contacts? Glasses, thick as bottle bottoms.
14. What's your middle name? Marie.
15. What are your thoughts at this minute? That I need to feed the cats before they start fighting, cause they're already at Step 1 - growling at one another.
16. Name 3 drinks that you regularly consume. Water, Water and Tea.
17. What is a current worry of yours? CHRISTmas prep - mailing cards, gifts, etc.
18. What do you currently hate? Butter beans, about the only vegie I don't care for.
19. Where is your favorite place to be? Bed watching tv and playing electronic Backgammon or Scrabble.
20. What do you plan on doing on New Year's Eve this year? Staying home, sleeping in.
21. To where would you like to travel? Only one place; home - Erie, PA.
22. Name three people you think will do this questionnaire on their blog. Monica and Pattie. Not sure about the third.
23. Do you own slippers? I wear jellies most of the year round. If it gets real cold, I'll slip on a pair of ankle socks.
24. What color shirt are you wearing? Right now, tangerine.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Haven't yet, but I don't think so. I think you'd slip around a lot on them.
26. Can you whistle? YUP.
27. What is your favorite color? Icy Lavender.
28. What songs do you sing in the shower? None.
29. Would you be a pirate? Naw. Seems like too much travel and trouble.
30. What's in your pocket right now? Only my hips.
31. What's the last thing that made you laugh? Ridiculousness on MTV.
32. What vehicle do you drive? Generally a 2003 burgundy Dodge Neon.
33. What's the worst injury you've ever had? (Ohhh Geezzz, you're asking the clumsiest person in existence!!!) Broke right upper arm 2x. Broke right foot once. Had a slap tear to left shoulder (that hurt the worst).
34. Do you love where you live? Pretty much though the city is starting to encroach meaning we'll have to move farther out again one day.
35. Would you change your first name if you could? No. I'm named after several generations of family women.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, thanks for playing. So fun to learn about you too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, your response made me laugh. Hubby told me it was not a good idea before I went out the door with those things on, ha ha!