Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Another Barn Discovery

I apologize in advance for the fuzzy photo, but these pulleys are way at the top and I was on the ground photographing them.  They are the original wood pulleys, still intact.  I took a quick picture for our album.

 There is one more at the very top peek of the barn too.

Once again, we have someone interested in the barn.  What's left of it, minus what we'll take from it.  Not sure if it will happen, but we'll seeThis will be the umpteenth person to look it over.  It is a lot of work, but I would like to see it reused as much as possible. 


8 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Old barns and their histories. Don't you wish your barn could talk and tell all the stories!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, there are 70's license plates on the north side of it too. I would love to know it's story.

Susan said...

I love those pulleys! Do you plan to build another barn?

RB said...

Just for fun, I looked those up online. They're being sold for as little as $25 to as much as $185 each, so you might be able to make a bit on them if you can get them down. Google "vintage wood barn pulleys" or "antique wood barn pulleys".
Those beams are still sturdy and strong. I bet you could sell those individually too cause you can't buy them like that at lumber supplies or home improvement stores anymore.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, we do plan to put up a new barn down the road. We just have to get this one down, all the dead trees taken care of and a few other projects done first (including a dog fence).

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I looked up the value too. They are way up at the top. We'll see if these last folks really do want the materials.

Kim Campbell said...

I have one of those pulley's from my Grandfather's farm. :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Kim, I'd love to keep one, but we may give the materials to the next person interested. We haven't heard back if they are simply waiting for better weather or not interested yet.