Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, November 9, 2015

Weekend Update

Sunday I had "back up" plans in case the tree service guy (aka Hubby) had another "interruption."  My first job was to put more kale up, then tackle putting zinnia seeds in packets.


My second plan, was to get the Halloween costumes sorted and purged, and placed back in storage.  Our kids are all grown up now, and most of what I have will be saved for our own grandchildren I guess.  

But did that happen?  Well, first thing, Hubby helped me take the last air conditioner out.  Finally, that job is done.  Next?

We had a pretty good day of working on our first dead tree.  There is more to remove before bringing it completely down, but we have one truck load of cut wood ready to split, and a mess to cut yet.  Hubby was feeling, not only very tired and worn out at the end of the day, but feeling accomplished

I'm up, and dragging my feet too, but I have a ton of work to do today, including heading out to clean up brush from the tree.  

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Yay for your progress on the tree . . . and getting the air conditioning unit stored away! We have the hope of at least two more days of sunshine before the rain comes again so we're going to do what can be done (and needs to be done!) outside today and tomorrow.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I am very glad to see the tree get started. We have a few more to cut down yet too. The day started with Hubby saying "This will be fun" and "I didn't realize the tree was so tall." Ha ha!