Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Testing the new... Tidbits


I filled my new dehydrator with organic dandelion greens.  I still want to put more in the freezer, but I will be utilizing the dried greens too.  They dried faster than in the old dehydrator too.

The dried greens will be used for dog food, to make tea, to add to any dish we eat, to make dandelion vinegar, and other herbal mixtures.  I won't have to buy dandelion tea any more now.  Oh, I can use the dandelion for poultices too.
 



I baked a few more sweet potatoes to freeze.  This happens when the store has them in stock.  



Jesse's dog food this week is green beans, oatmeal, ground turkey, and a bit of leftover pumpkin puree.

Yesterday was very busy, and I had to get 4000 words into my National Novel Writing Month, because I took two days off to work outside.  I got that done, but it took me the rest of the day and night to get an order placed with Kohl's.

I had some Kohl's cash that was expiring.  It's cash they give you back to spend only at Kohl's, after already spending money, but they expire.   When we school shop, and what not, I get cash to spend on myself.  So....I went online.

I signed in, got my undies in my "cart" and decided I would look at boots, and purses, and jewelry - every thing a woman wants but doesn't need.  Only a few minutes into searching, Kohl's website locks me out.  Everything else on the site works, but not Kohl's. 

I logged in several times over the next several hours and it kept logging me out.  Finally, I decided to be quick and add a few more packages of undies to my cart and just use up the cash and check out. 

Just after I added to the cart, I was locked out again.  Seriously.  I was ready to quit and let the cash expire.

Six hours later, I had my undies ordered.  So now, I am ready for next summer, just in case we have 3-pair underwear days.  And now I'm ready to go build that cabin in the woods and cut off the internet and make my own clothes.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I got a good laugh out of that last line! Isn't that the truth? There are days when I would love to be 'cut off', but then I wouldn't be able to read my favorite blogs! What kind of dehydrator did you get?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, I agree on reading and writing the blogs too. I bought a 9 tray excalibur, stainless steel. I hope to make my first jerky in it soon.