Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Party is not over yet ~ House is a Rockin'

You all may have to check on me in the morning......the house is still rockin' at 10am today.  I did sneak out to the porch for my coffee and sunrise, but slowly they woke up.  They devoured the mini caramel apples I made.


 From left to right - spooky bats made from tortillas, butter, sugar and cinnamon, crispy cookies, and mini pumpkin muffins with frosting made from real maple syrup and powdered sugar.

Poisoned apple popcorn (made with butter, organic corn syrup and naughty apple drink mix), and way too much of the naughty candy (they were not deprived, trust me).  They are still eating the candy this morning.  I hope nothing is leftover....

 "Snot-Booger" dip.  I told them this, so we could have leftovers of this.  It's really egg dip, ha ha!


 And who can't say no to bloody eyeball punch?

Needless to day, I'll be needing two ibuprohen and a tall glass of something tonight.  Hubby got to escape today and get a breather from the party.

Wouldn't you know it, our 19 year-old's car broke down after she arrived home.  Extended family (Kim you were right) was here very early to help hook up and tow her car to be worked on.  Might be the fuel pump this time.

I will have to go cuddle up with the pooch and try to get through the next two hours, and try to remember they are only this young once.

 

12 comments:

Kim said...

LOL....sounds like you are having a lot of fun around your farm this weekend. I think men somehow plan things that way. If it had not been the car it would have been something else to get him away from the party. Just crochet and enjoy your day and let the girls clean up and maybe fix dinner as well as a thanks to mom who worked so hard to make the party a success!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Kim, the girls are washing dishes right now. Not sure about dinner yet.

EMMA said...

All looks yummy! love the idea of mini caramel apples, I never used to be able to eat a whole one when I was small.
Back by popular demand this year I made the vomiting (guacamole) pumpkin with amputated fingers (hog dogs) sticking out of it!

Sam I Am...... said...

What a great Mom you are and look at all those delicious snacks you made for them (not the candy...yuch...HA,HA!) Fun times they will remember for sure!

RB said...

Sounds like everyone had a happy and safe time. That's the important thing.
I think the caramel apple bites are a good idea. Might try them myself sometime.
Happy week to everyone.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Emma, the apple bites were the first to be eaten completely. Your treats sound fun too, ha ha!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I am, I agree on the candy being "yuck." I think the girls have finally agreed to not indulge in it as a tradition on Halloween. One is sick today already. Hubby took the rest of the candy to work for the guys and gals there.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, the apple bites would be fun for Thanksgiving too. Yum.

RB said...

Just add a little Pumpkin Pie Spice.
I am wondering though, with the skin off the apple, how do you keep the moisture from the raw apple from making the candy slip right off it?
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I put them in the fridge until the girls showed up. They gobbled them first thing.

RB said...

Ok, but doesn't the juice in the apple compromise the coating sticking is what I mean?
Does it stay on ok even though the apple has been peeled?
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, it stayed on enough to coat the apple bite.