Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Fall Blooms ~ Tidbits

The white mums I planted a few years back, are blooming now.  These were table decorations at my younger brother's wedding, and I have two that stayed alive and continue to bloom.  They add a color in the flower beds that I did not have before.

This past cold spell kind of took a toll on my zinnias.  They don't look like they'll be blooming for much longer, but boy have we enjoyed them.  We are already talking about where to put in new flower beds to add more color here.


It's been a regular work week so far, and tomorrow is the township meeting.   They won't be voting at the meeting, but will be listening, and possibly have a recorder there.   It could take a few months for the voting to be completed.  Hubby and I, and the kids thank all of you for your support, good thoughts, tips and suggestions.  

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

We're going to a hearing at our Courthouse a week from tomorrow. The State in all its infinite wisdom (NOT) is trying to shut down the local dairy where we buy our milk products. Why? For selling raw milk from the farm. This is the second public hearing and so far, the judge has ruled in the dairy's favor. This is an appeal by the State.

Hoping only good things come out of the hearing for you tomorrow.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I will send up prayers. We need that good wholesome, real milk. I wish I had those types of farmers here. I miss my goat's milk too, but I'm trying to be patient.