Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Coffee Hour ~ Car Repairs ~ Noodles ~ Surviving the Party


Grab a cup, and enjoy!

Wood splitting was stalled again this past weekend.  First, Hubby got a call to go in for work Saturday morning.  On his way home, he met up with Oldest Daughter and drove her car out to our place.  It was so funny to see that tall man crammed into such a small car.  Ha ha ha!



After $120.00 and a few hours later, he was driving it back up to her work.  It purred like a kitten instead of putter, putter, shake, grunt, and stall. She'll need to change a filter too, but it won't stall in the rain now.



It dried up enough to step into the garden part way, and pick a few squash and green beans.  The rest of it was still a mushy mess.  You know me though.  I find other work, or should I say, it finds me?




I started restocking my noodle supply. Imagine that?  I found work to do, ha ha!   Two batches made, and one to make today.  I can't dry it in the house, due to humidity and moisture, so thankfully I have my dehydrator.  Too many flies this year anyway.  

  

Sunday, the rain poured down on us again.  Hubby and I sat on the front porch, before it got windy and nasty.  We were trying to recuperate from the party chitter chatter, and lack of sleep. 

First the party gals woke us up at 3:00am, then again at 6:30am.  A few of them were banging around in the kitchen making breakfast.  We had no problem falling asleep Sunday evening.  There was pre-party drama, then the party drama, then the post-party drama.  Thanks to facebook and it's magical powers,and there are now always girls that have their feelings hurt for not being invited, those who were invited who look for finding ways to get out of not showing up.  The drama here alone will make a parent roll their eyes, sip their coffee and lock themselves out of the house for a few hours (because the party gals all chickened out and slept indoors for the camp-out party).  

Here are a few more photos I took the time to enjoy, while locked out on my porch, searching for a reason not to sing made up songs about boating, water, or floods.


It looks like a bug is in the water droplet at the bottom of the hosta flower.

Our front yard had flooded by 4:30pm.  The river was already flooded, so there wasn't much room for it to go anywhere but over the highway.  


This was inspired by Patricia at Corn in my Coffee Pot (Index card drawing).  My kids asked me if I drew it.  It's my teensy bit of artsy fartsy talent, with no subject in mind.  On the back I wrote a motivational quote.


7 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Yes, believe in the best possible of all things . . . animal, vegetable and mineral!

At this point in my life, I'm not sure I would survive your daughter's sleep-over party. Okay, I would survive, but boy howdy, would I be in bad shape for a couple of days! ;o}

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, it will take me a few more days to recover, ha ha!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

You're fortunate to have a hubby who VW savvy! My hubby had to do a lot of tinkering with our Eurovan years ago. The VW dealers are all near Dallas or Tyler...over an hour away, and VERY COSTLY! I miss that van... good times!
The pasta looks delish. I'm trying tight-control with the diabetes...so not sure if pasta is the way to go...but homemade noodles are a favorite here! Maybe I'll try making some WW pasta with the remainder of ww Bread flour. You've got me hankerin' for some now.
I love your CARD! glad I was able to inspire someone! ;) It feels good to create a little something everyday...

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

not sure what happened... I posted a comment,
If this one is a duplicate...just delete it. ;)

I used to have a VW Eurovan, and my hubby had to tinker with it on occasion, too. So you're lucky to have a hubby that is VW savvy! The dealers here are up in Dallas or in Tyler... 1 hour PLUS, away from here.
I loved that van... good times.
The sleep over--- sounds like a bunch of girl drama. I don't deal with girl drama to well. I've always said... boys are easier!
I'm glad to see your Card! Glad I inspired someone! I love creating a little something everyday. Being busy like we are the ICAD suits me fine!
have a great week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Patricia, her car still has other issues, but it's running now. I made the pasta with organic flour. I hate to use too much of that in a meal, but homemade has to be better for us than the other kind. Thanks for the comment on the card. You truly did inspire me.

RB said...

At my age, don't know if I could survive a teenage overnight party. But then reconsidering the extreme healthiness of my child-like part, I'd probably be in there with them instigating them into some kind of mischief, that they might not have been able to think of themselves. LOL
Ya'all have a great day.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, they were doing pretty good at their own mischief, that's for sure, ha ha!