Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, April 17, 2015

Thursday Handiwork


Thursday was a day for handiwork for me.  Hubby took the day off to rest and recover from his sniffles, and I encouraged it.  He's using the tea tree oil bath soaks, and everything else we have here.


I finished another placemat, and got some quiet porch time.



I even started another seat cushion cover.

I got stuff out to make another Christmas item I can't share (he he). 

My comfrey and mullein seeds arrived, but it's still too early to plant.  More daffodils are getting ready to bloom, and I'm taking photos and garden notes, on what new bulbs I want to plant this coming fall (so next spring one section has new blooms).  

Since Youngest went to a church youth fellowship meet-up, Hubby and I played cards on the porch and awaited her return.  The weather was perfect for quiet porch time.  We thought we'd might as well soak some of that time up while we can.  Very soon, we'll be getting busy in the garden and tackling other big projects.

8 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I'm really liking your seat cushion covers. So colorful . . . plus utilitarian!

Our weather has been nice enough that we could sit out on our deck (like your porch) during the day, but at night it's still so chilly we'd have to put on our jackets . . . probably down jackets!

We are starting to notice patches of green grass popping up though. Yay for spring time!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Mama Pea, I still have a few more cushions to make. So glad you are finally getting some "deck" time. Yay for Spring!

My Garden Diaries said...

Cards...quiet porch time...My kinda day! Your cushion is stunning! Wishing you a lovely weekend friend! Nicole xoxo

Candy C. said...

It's nice to be able to take some time for crafty things and to just be together. :)

RB said...

We love the scent of Tea Tree Oil in our baths and cleaning products. Such a nice scent throughout the house as you use it.

Expecting a lot of rain again starting tomorrow. Working to get all the large houseplants back out in the yard again. The rain will help them settle back into nature better than if it didn't rain.

The farmer behind us spread manure. Oooo, that fresh country air. LOL Wonder what all the rain is going to make the manure smell like. :o\
Oh well, it's one of the little costs of living in the country. This too shall pass.

God bless.

RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Nicole, thanks. I'm having fun making them.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Candy, I do enjoy it.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I love the smell of it too. Tea tree oil that is.