Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Prosperous Day


I started washing all the afghans, and bed covers.   A few tablecloths too.


The weather was good enough to get the two wooden chairs, and the backside of the cupboard piece, primed yesterday.  My plan is to put one coat of paint on everything.  I have the table post and legs to prime later too.



Believe it or not, I was able to squeeze two large carhartt coats and the full body suit into this tote.  I am trying to corner Hubby to collect all of his face masks and winter gloves, so I can put the lid on this and get it in storage.


Hubby took our 15 year-old to the doctor, while I stayed back to feed girly girl (aka white doeling).  I took about 15 minutes and crocheted on the porch.  Of course, he pulled in the drive when I was relaxing, and made a funny comment.  Just the timing of him arriving, made me appear to be slacking off.  He knew I needed it anyway, and joined me.  I knew if I did not take the time, I'd miss out on it.

Speaking of the girly girl....

It's been difficult to get stuff done, and that doeling is such a show off. She is not afraid of anything or anyone, and is very active and vocal.  She'll make a good milk goat for someone. 


I tried to get a good photo of the boys (Oscar and Preston), but the run to the gate every time I go out, making photo moments blurry and hard to get.

I had plans to share the placemat I am working on, but will have to tomorrow.  I'm already late in starting my chores today.  I'm getting well over 12,000 steps a day, before I do intentional exercise.  I'm just excited to get outside and get some much needed jobs done.  Hubby is still working away on his and getting them crossed off.  The big jobs are still on the list yet.  We are just waiting for the ground to dry up, but spring rain makes that difficult.  Patience is a grand thing to master.

Rainy days are not wasted here either.  If I can keep windows open during it all, I may start a indoor paint job, and clean some light fixtures. We have an 80% chance of rain later today.




10 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I know you'd all rather have your husband back at work, but what a good time for him to be home! Talk about getting a jump start on spring and summer's jobs. Plus, I'm sure it helps you out a lot to have him around home as your "helper." (Maybe better not mention I called him that! ;o] )

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Nice stopping by to read of your activities and accomplishments :) Look at those boys showing off!

Susan said...

I love the 'boys' in their zebra print coats! Somehow, I could never in a million years envision you as 'slacking'. You are a force! I am so anxious to be able to hang my laundry out, but the next 4-5 days have 'wet snow/rain' in the forecast.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, he's been a lot of help here lately. This morning he had to picket at 4am, so he's allowed to have a nap today, ha ha! I reminded him of his "indoor" to-do list too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

GratefulPrayer, those two boys are so much fun to watch. The ram my legs trying to be big boys already. So funny.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, I keep wanting to get photos of the doeling in a zebra coat, but haven't yet. The rain started much earlier today, so laundry is inside on racks. Kind of a bummer, but April showers bring May flowers too.

EMMA said...

Oh that always happens to me too - spend all morning busy and hubby walks in just moments after i’ve sat down with some knitting .
Hope the tornados stayed well clear of your place!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Emma, we did have bad thunderstorms yesterday, but today is much better.

RB said...

Oh gee. Guess I missed the birth of the new doeling. Bro Tom and I have been under the weather here for several weeks with this lengthy cold/virus going around, sneaking in naps whenever we aren't working trying to get well again.

We were invited to Sister's for Easter, but no sense dragging this virus over there to make them sick, so we'll be staying home resting this Easter.

Prayers your Easter is blessed and peaceful.

God bless.

RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, the younger three are on spring break, so the want to go on one day trips too. Happy Easter!