Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Romper Room ~ Surprise Mail and Tidbits

I have been trying to get clips of the kids (baby goats) romping around the kitchen, but I end up laughing so hard, the videos end up with headless goats or just feet.  Or, as you'll see in the video, the dogs get excited when they hear the pitter patter on the floor.





We laughed at them trying to get milk from a coat hanging on the back of a kitchen chair.  They are just so stinkin' adorable at this age.



I'm so excited.  People driving by my mailbox must have thought I was partaking in the 5pm hour.  I got this in the mail yesterday!   What a fun mail day (jumping for joy).  This gives me the excuse to go check out some new colors of yarn.  Thank you Susan!



I finally got the last goat coat made.  The sewing machine is put away until I get play time and figure out everything I can do with it.  It's a newer one, and I have much to learn yet.

Our farm vet made a house call yesterday, and Orion has newly trimmed horns.  The shorter one was getting way too close to his head again.  However, they are growing less now, so trimmings are spread out longer apart thankfully.  He was a rescue goat (with scurs) when we got him. 

I'm sharing a giveaway with you all today.  If you like herbs, and if you do not follow Mountain Rose Blog, they are offering a giveaway right now - an herbal kitchen book!  Go enter here:  Mountain Rose Blog
 


8 comments:

Sandra said...

The video didn't come up foe me. I love far babies, the always manage to bring a smile!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sandra, hopefully it will play for you later. Don't forget to click on "read more" to see it.

Susan said...

I do not think there is anything as adorable as baby goats! Especially when they do that bouncing thing, with all parts going in opposite directions! I have to tell you, I did the same happy dance at my mailbox - what a fun book!!! Now just don't show me up too badly... :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, I do need to teach myself how to switch colors when knitting, so I'm looking forward to learning more with this book. Don't worry, ha ha, I'm sure I'll be taking it slow. Thanks again!

Carolyn said...

Bouncing baby goats are soooo stinking cute.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carolyn, those two stinkers tried to get milk from one of the dogs, while we had them inside (ha ha!). They are so cute.

RB said...

Sounds like there's wayyy tooo much fun going on there. LOL

Enjoy, cause they grow up so darn fast.

God bless.

RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, they are so much fun right now.