One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, March 2, 2015

Journal Junkie ~ Nature Journal

I recently mentioned our Queen Anne's Lace Jelly, and thought I'd share my Nature Journal.  




I have also made dandelion jelly, which you can read about here:  Dandelion Jelly.

Yes, I have yet another journal.  Can you believe that?  I haven't added to this one in several years.  In fact, I haven't since Daughter sold her horse.  

I used a 5 x 7 (inch) photo album to make this.  I cut cardstock to fit the page, and pencil to write the plant description.  I picked and pressed the plants in a flower press I have and carefully glued them to the cardstock.

I still have more pages to fill, so maybe this year I can walk around and see what I missed journaling this year.

Do you have a nature journal?  

6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Do I have a nature journal? Pshaw, no! I'm not nearly that organized. Hubby has more of an interest in (edible) plants than I and plans on pursuing that interest to a greater extent . . . someday. Your blog postings will be a big help to him when he starts delving into it more. But that dandelion jelly does intrigue me . . . :o]

Kristina said...

Mama Pea, dandelion jelly has a mild taste, more mild than honey.

Sam I Am...... said...

I don't have one but what a great idea! I love yours.

Kristina said...

Thanks Sam I am.

Rain said...

I think that my nature journal is my private blog where I log pretty much my entire life! The only physical journal I have is an art journal where I draw, write random poetry and do some small painting when the mood strikes. I think it's a great idea though!

Kristina said...

Thanks Rain!