Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, March 2, 2015

Journal Junkie ~ Nature Journal

I recently mentioned our Queen Anne's Lace Jelly, and thought I'd share my Nature Journal.  




I have also made dandelion jelly, which you can read about here:  Dandelion Jelly.

Yes, I have yet another journal.  Can you believe that?  I haven't added to this one in several years.  In fact, I haven't since Daughter sold her horse.  

I used a 5 x 7 (inch) photo album to make this.  I cut cardstock to fit the page, and pencil to write the plant description.  I picked and pressed the plants in a flower press I have and carefully glued them to the cardstock.

I still have more pages to fill, so maybe this year I can walk around and see what I missed journaling this year.

Do you have a nature journal?  

6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Do I have a nature journal? Pshaw, no! I'm not nearly that organized. Hubby has more of an interest in (edible) plants than I and plans on pursuing that interest to a greater extent . . . someday. Your blog postings will be a big help to him when he starts delving into it more. But that dandelion jelly does intrigue me . . . :o]

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, dandelion jelly has a mild taste, more mild than honey.

Sam I Am...... said...

I don't have one but what a great idea! I love yours.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sam I am.

Rain said...

I think that my nature journal is my private blog where I log pretty much my entire life! The only physical journal I have is an art journal where I draw, write random poetry and do some small painting when the mood strikes. I think it's a great idea though!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Rain!