Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, March 22, 2015

It's Twin Boys!

Mama Peanut gave birth to twin boys.  One black and one brown, with markings like their dad.


It's so hard to get a good photo of these two cuties.  They move around, buck and play at this age.  They were born yesterday afternoon.  Here, we have them inside in a dog kennel to play with a bit.  The goat coats fit perfectly.


I better get them back out to Mom Peanut.  I bet she misses the little guys already.  It's pretty cold too, so I'm glad I had coats made.  I guess I'll be sewing up one more just to be sure we have enough for Misty.

8 comments:

Kim said...

They look like baby zebras to me. Ummmm, zebra goats, maybe a new breed?!! Adorable.

Rain said...

Beautiful! And these are photos you took one day after their birth? I've never seen newborn goats, they are so sweet. Congrats on the coats fitting!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Kim, Hubby was away when I made the coats so when he saw them he cracked up laughing.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, yes they were one day old when I took the photos. The brown one is the smaller one, but he's catching up in size already. Males grow faster.

Mama Pea said...

Those coats are as cute on the kids as I knew they would be. No wonder your hubby got a charge out of them!

RB said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Now the "fun" starts.

I wonder what their names are.

God bless.

RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, Hubby thought the coats were hilarious.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, they are so much fun.