One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Friday Reflections ~ Saturday's Sunrise

We had a beautiful sunrise this morning.  It's a bit chilly, but peaceful and quiet outside.  Sparta (Rooster) must be cold this morning, as I didn't hear much of his crow this morning.


I had to head to town Friday, after laundry was on the line.  I had my annual dentist appointment.  All is good.  However, trips to any "big" city discombobulate my work day.  I should really plan ahead.   

Not much to blog today.  I kind of took it easy yesterday - sipping hot nettle tea on the porch, and doing a bit of handiwork while Timmy curled up beside me.  Shh!  Don't tell Hubby.  I should have been cleaning or doing something in the house.  

There is much work to do this weekend, including muck the coop.  I have a long list of delegated jobs for the girls too.  Although I love this cooler weather, it does put us into high gear in completing outdoor work.

Remember those leaves I collected and pressed?  Well, I got a start on that too, but needed other leaves.  I had to press a few more, but hope to have something to share in a week or two.

Gosh, this post sounds like all I did was play yesterday.  Yikes.  

Speaking of work, I told Hubby I heard the big barn creaking as I walked a dog around it.  It might fall down before we tear it down.

The carrot cake is all gone now, so I hope to get something baked for meals this weekend, along with the other work.  We'll see. 

 

3 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Of all the people I know...YOU deserve a day of doing what your heart desires!

Sam I Am...... said...

Of all the people I know...YOU deserve a day of doing what your heart desires!

RB said...

I know what you mean about trips to the big city. I don't like going any further than 10-15 miles down the road. If it's not within that area, I have to think long and hard about it before I go, like "Do I really need it that badly?"
Course, with the way of life, sometimes the answer is "Yes!" LOL

God bless.

RB
<><