Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Five for Me and Other Tidbits




Five minutes for Me ~ This morning's sunrise, sipping coffee on the front porch.



If you wondering, I am not canning today.  

I was thrilled to Skype with Daughter and see how she was doing.  We do miss not having contact with Son but hope to hear from him soon.  


We were going to go camping this weekend, but had to cancel due to Hubby's work schedule (unexpectedly at the last minute).  That's okay.  I just go with the flow around here. 

Staying home forced me to clean off a table to play cards with Hubby, so we could have an "in house" date night.   

However, in order to clean off the table, I had to put crafting supplies back in their homes, put the kids military photos in a safer place, put clothes away, and so on.  This threw me into a tizzy of cleaning my bedroom, which by the way is a total mess.  It's so bad, my 12 year-old told me, "You know, one of these days I'm gonna sneak in here and pull a "Big Bang Theory" on you!"


(If you don't watch the Big Bang Theory, he sneaks into Penny's apartment while she's sleeping and cleans it.)

Back to the "tizzy."  Just that little bit of decluttering energized me into getting the house in order.  Oh boy, it needs it.  Stuff here and there and everywhere.  

It's a holiday weekend, and the kids just want to sit around and do nothing.  Now I could be really mean, and go buy a few more bushels of corn this weekend.  My kids would love me for all that shucking (Bwahahaha!) We've already been dibbing into our winter supply so we could replenish it (I could be that mean, ha ha!).


4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Hey, if you can get by with taking the weekend off, more power to you! But woe is me (just kidding, not really), I've got stuff in the garden that should have been taken care of days ago so I must push on and hopefully be in better shape come the first of next week. It's all good though . . . having crops to harvest and process in the garden is very welcomed this year!

Have a wonderful weekend, and I will, too! :o)

Sam I Am...... said...

We're finally getting some rain here and cooler temps so I am getting ready for Fall and wanting to clean and organize and put some fall scents in the warmers.
I want to clean too but I think decluttering is in order first.
I thought it might have been you that had told me about the homesteading journal book but I wasn't sure and I wasn't even sure it was the same book. Glad you mentioned it! It looks really good. Are you on Good Reads?
I hope you and your family have a great weekend together no matter what you do.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I have a boat load of tomatoes to pick, but put it off until Hubby can help. That may not happen. He's very tired from work.

Sam I Am, I am on Good Reads, but have not put it back on my blog. I've been considering it, but lack reading time over summer.

Susan said...

Hey, isn't that why a person has kids? So you can make them shuck corn? If not, someone forgot to tell my mother! I know what you mean about a cleaning tizzy - once you get started, it's hard to stop. It's just the getting started...